NHRA at E-Town Pics!

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
My dad and I made the trip from NH down to NJ last weekend to see the boys (and girls) battle it out at Raceway Park and it was totally worth it!! Enjoy.

Leaving at 4am
HPIM1465.jpg

NY. Almost theree...
HPIM1468.jpg

Sweeet.
HPIM1532.jpg

Jegs PS car
HPIM1477.jpg

Tony's Ride
HPIM1488.jpg

Gary's Ride
HPIM1490.jpg

HPIM1495.jpg

The Bud Machine
HPIM1501.jpg

HPIM1506.jpg

Robert Hight
HPIM1515.jpg

A. Force
HPIM1518.jpg

John Force
HPIM1520.jpg

Robert in blue.
HPIM1522.jpg

NITRO! Damn it burns the eyes and throat!
HPIM1525.jpg

HPIM1529.jpg

HPIM1531.jpg

ESPN II
HPIM1537.jpg

HPIM1540.jpg

HPIM1550.jpg

HPIM1552.jpg

HPIM1554.jpg

HPIM1556.jpg

HPIM1559.jpg

The man himself, such an awsome guy!
HPIM1581.jpg

Last edited:

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Looks like a really nice track. What is with the people wearing gas masks?

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
venomous said:
Looks like a really nice track. What is with the people wearing gas masks?
They must go to a lot of events :lol:.

If you're asking why, then it's cause the fuel cars burn Nirto Meth and so much raw fuel comes out it burns the eyes and throat pretty good. If you've ever seen it on tv the pit crew almost always has masks on durring a warmup session.

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
Damn I wish NHRA would get the same kind of coverage as NASCAR. Hell, they don't even hardly show the highlights or finals on ESPN, unless there's a bad accident or something. But NASCAR, they'll damn near cover it lap for lap.

Does anyone else think Force's reign is over, or is it just me.....:nonono:

Nice Pics....:thumbsup:

aaandht

Established Member
Was there on Friday for qualifying. Gotta get some pics up. I love the Supernationals. I also love being by the cars when they warm the clutches, cept I have never brought a gas mask. One of the first times I stood up close when they were still running 100% nitro I thought I got hit with tear gas. Strong stuff, clears your sinuses really well though.:D I love NHRA.

play23

Needs a Lift
Established Member
Awww the wonderful smell of Nitro Methane in the morning.:coolman: I go to the races at Ennis, TX every year. You can never get enough.:rockon:

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Cool pics.

I went to the Nationals up at Maple Grove for Friday qualifying last year, I had a great time - It's a blast, if anyone hasn't been you should atleast go once - the sound and feeling you get from the Funny/Top Fuel cars is intense when they both make a full 1/4 mile run.

I didn't have a gas mask, but that fuel really does burn your throat and eyes. I had ear plugs though, didn't use them much.

If anyone else hasn't been, there's a whole lot to do as well besides sitting and watching, each ticket is a pit pass. There's a ton of vendors there, games, etc. etc.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Yea it was my first time, and definatly not my last! I had a blast. The days went by WAY faster than I thought they would, there is a lot to do.

The best thing I think is the atmosphere, it's great to see the drivers interacting with the fans and having fun. Robert Hight was sitting in his Excursion about to make his first pass of eliminations and I looked inside to see him staring at me, he gave me a smile and a thumbs up! Those guys are very down to earth and fun people to be around.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Was supposed to be there but didn't make it:( Englishtown is a nice track easy to get to and from. As mentioned above it sucks that we don't see the race coverage but they drivers are a very friendly bunch:thumbsup:

97TURBOCOBRA

boost with no belt
Established Member
cool pics man , I went to the race in Atl. had a blast, some of the best dragracing ive ever seen:-D
17622050729.jpg

17622050752.jpg

17622050540.jpg

never mind my ugly mug but this is my favorite pic by far
17622050517.jpg

69clark

Established Member
Nitro methane fumes are more addicting than any drug. If you have never experienced it, you most attend a race, it will not be forgotten.

Allen2001GT

Established Member
nice pics. i was there on sat. too sucked i had to wait on the NJ turnpike for half hour or so because of a honda civic burning to the ground. oh well still made it in plenty of time for what i really wanted to see (the big boys and of course ashely force running top fuel for the first time)

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
Nice pics man! I was there 2 years ago, and it was amazing! Im in puerto rico this week, so i couldnt go, but i was there on Wed night for test and tune, and they wouldnt let me run because they were having registration for sportsman classes, and they wanted to keep the track nice for the weekend. When we went 2 yrs ago, my little bro (9 at the time) went right up to John Force, and got his autograph on his hat...it was amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread