NGK V Power Plugs and NGK Coil Boots Installed

Wade_GT

Established Member
My car has 130,000 miles and I've been experiencing some low RPM "bucking" so I decided to look into new coils and plugs. Rather than replace the 8 coils which would be quite expensive, I found NGK Coil Boots (the rubber piece and inner spring) for $4.08 each on RockAuto.com.

I've been running Autolite Copper plugs (764) up to this point without any issue, but material broke off the plug right above the thread as I was removing them. Previous torque was set to 18 lbs / ft so it's not like I over-torqued them, and they only had 24,500 miles on them.

Anyways, I used a magnetic wand to grab all of the shrapnel I could before installing new NGK V Power plugs. Just looking at the construction of the NGK vs. Autolite, you can quickly tell the difference in quality that makes the NGK's worth the extra $0.50 per plug ($2.50 each from Pep Boys).

Fortunately, the low RPM bucking was fixed, and I'll be an NGK user for life now. Total spend was $52 excluding tax and shipping (less than the cost of one new OEM Coil on Plug):-D

Old Coil Boot / Spring Removed
Plug+Change+002.JPG

Damaged Autolite 764
Plug+Change+006.JPG

New NGK Coils and Plugs
gt+maint+2.jpg
Plug+Change+007.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread