Ngk tr7ix 3690

JHurtSVT

Established Member
Going from stock to a 2.93 upper and already have a jlt ram air and borla stingers. My question is why does ngk's website and my local auto parts store (not that they are always right) say they dont fit the Terminator? The NGK sight says they fit cadillacs but lethal and am have them on their sites of 03-04s and GT500s?

bigmoose

Established Member
Ngk and your local auto parts store will only list original equivalent parts. So they will only show you heat range 5 spark plugs. For your application heat range 6 or 7 will work. You're probably better off with 6 for just an upper.

bigmoose

Established Member
Stock is 5 I believe. The standard on here is the TR6 which is one range cooler. I run the TR6 without issue.

bigmoose

Established Member
The TR6 is a stand copper plug. I change them every season because they are basically free.

Philitup

04 Cobra, 68 Fastback, 17 Focus RS
Established Member
from what i have researched the tr7's are only needed on high boost applications. the standard tr6 will work fine with just an upper but seem to not last as long as the tr6ix which some people also say give a smoother idle.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I run the TR7IX on my Whipple setup at 18psi and they run as smooth as glass. Most swear by the TR6 on here though, especially for just pullied setups. The "IX" addendum is what designates iridium. I prefer those because I don't want to change plugs out frequently because of the risk of stripping threads on the aluminum heads.

I've always found the TR7ixs to run better than the TR6ixs, at least on my car.

I remember back in the day, all the rage was .032 on the TR6ixs. I've run the .034 - .036 out of the box gap on my TR7ixs for almost 100k now.

You should always consider running the coldest plug possible that doesn't foul. You want to take every precaution you can in your ignition system, to avoid detonation, that you possible can in a boosted application.

I change mine twice per year and they are very cheap at Advanced Auto with their seasonal 30% off coupons.

Users who are viewing this thread