NGauge no iat2 pid

Doglegged

Established Member
2011 gt with vmp gen2r, been trying to monitor iat2 but I have no pid in the Ngauge only iat sae. I monitored the iat sae, bat, and act and all three have corresponding readings. Car was retuned and Ngauge was checked a month ago for new firmware. Any ideas what iat sae is?

Last edited:

Luillo69

Established Member
Bump for answers? anybody? i sent an e-mail to Lund support asking the same. I hope is not just a different name on the pids.

cheeser

Established Member
When I had a VMP tune, it was IAT2. When I had a local tuner tune my car (problem with VMP tune and persistent code), PID is now called MCT (Manifold Charge Temperature) on my vehicle...don’t know why the change other than its tuned now with HP Tuner.

If you still have a VMP tune, I assume you should still see IAT2.

I monitored these via obdII dongle and an app my phone...DashCommand

Luillo69

Established Member
Awesome, thanks. I thought it was a naming change between runners. IAT, MCT, or CAC.

I’ll look for it. Do you happen to know what knock would be called? I can’t see knock only spark advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheeser

Established Member
Awesome, thanks. I thought it was a naming change between runners. IAT, MCT, or CAC.

I’ll look for it. Do you happen to know what knock would be called? I can’t see knock only spark advance!

No, I haven't looked for that one in particular though. You may just have to scan through all of them.

Luillo69

Established Member
No, I haven't looked for that one in particular though. You may just have to scan through all of them.

Well, this blows. I looked over all the PIDs and I couldn’t find MCT, IAT2 or anything close to.

I can only see Ambient Air and IAT1. Just the same parameters from the car in the dash and gauges. I sent Lund support the email and I will have to wait to see the heck is going on.

stang910

Established Member

Did you load the pids for the correct year? I don't know if IAT2 is there or not since I don't have a downstream IAT, but knock is in there.

stang910

Established Member
When I had a VMP tune, it was IAT2. When I had a local tuner tune my car (problem with VMP tune and persistent code), PID is now called MCT (Manifold Charge Temperature) on my vehicle...don’t know why the change other than its tuned now with HP Tuner.

If you still have a VMP tune, I assume you should still see IAT2.

I monitored these via obdII dongle and an app my phone...DashCommand
So now that your car reads MCT instead of IAT2 does it pull timing from MCT or IAT1?

cheeser

Established Member
So now that your car reads MCT instead of IAT2 does it pull timing from MCT or IAT1?

I assume it is MCT based on input from the tuner. I’m curious why HP Tuners felt the need to use or call out a different PID.

Reaper14

Established Member
Knock is in there. I had to down the 2008 + gauge rescan to find it
20200802_064323.jpeg

Vic

Luillo69

Established Member
Yeap. I finally got it. When I click on gauges the next option is 2011+, but I didn't noticed there are other options. I chose the one labeled "ultimate option 2011+" or something like that. That option found 100 parameter vs the one I was using with only 49.

Now I have it setup with
IAT2 - Knock
ECT - Advance Timing

I noticed that if I stomp on the gas in high gear 4th the knock sensor read positive but not at all if I downshift and do a pull. Weird!!! 2-4 deg of knock but zero from a dig.

Users who are viewing this thread