ngauge mouting location

1ulost2

Established Member
so i bought a N gauge and purchased the vent mount for my 2011 shelby and I've been debating on other ways to mount them,has anyone put these in the air vent? it would fit perfect but then id be sacrificing air...

BayInstinctz

Established Member
I purchased one as well. I don't see how the vent mount works with the ngauge.. I mount the vent mount to the nGauge back cover and I slide the cable through the side of the cover but in that method it's straining the cable and it doesn't clip on. Seem's like the best method is obviously through the back of cover but in that method I'm not able to mount the vent mount anymore because the cables there. Seems like there only should've been one tab instead of two to allow the cable to go through one like the windshield mount. Am I missing something?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
What size is the nGauge? I've done some custom gauge pod work and might be able to work something up

1ulost2

Established Member
my buddy put his in the far driver side vent and it fit perfect,I've got the vent mount an mine is same way thats why i was trying to see if anyone did it but a local guy did it

Sirraf

Established Member
& how does it stay in place?

BayInstinctz

Established Member
Nevermind. I just ended up using double sided tape on top and bottom. Fits perfect and stays lol. So much for the Roush vent pod I ordered.. Won't be needing that anymore.

1ulost2

Established Member
yep thats what i did,also closed vent off so the gauge doesn't get any moisture from a/c..got all my gauges setup on one screen

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Mounts in the roush pod without issue. (Pic stolen from internet).

Make sure your on the latest firmware that allows mounting the SD card over USB.

11923625_10153570585700070_3734838368092298929_n.jpg

-Matt

BayInstinctz

Established Member
Here's a picture of how it comes out with double sided tape. Save yourself some money and use double sided tape.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,240

BayInstinctz

Established Member
I don't see the difference with the Roush setup.. lol. I just have my currently set up for RPMs. I haven't really played with it. Do you know how to setup the LEDs?

Svtheide

Established Member
With the roush pod do you have to dremmel it to make the ngauge for or does it fit without modding it

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't wanna to give up my account vent. I thought someone was using a suction style mount. Has anybody seen it?

Users who are viewing this thread