Ngauge installed - now what do all these PIDs mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosgt

Established Member
I started datalogging, and while I get some of the PIDs and why they are relevant some I don't. Can someone enlighten me on what the following PIDs mean and what values I am looking for?

ipsibr_IN_ppm (?)
ETC_ACT - is this Actual Throttle opening vs commanded?
MAF_in_lbm_per_min - what's a good vs bad value?
LOAD_as_a_fraction (?)
PPS-APP1 (?)
tq_source_pid (?)
MAF_Hz (?)
AFR1, AFR2 - I presume these should ideally show a "1", and go low when rich - how can you figure out real AFR from these values?
TFT11, STFT21 (?)
LTFT11, LTFT21 (?)
FRP_relative_in_PS (?)
FRP_ACT (?)
TQ_DD_LIMIT (?)

I apologize - I scoured the net and cant find these. If anyone has a link let me know...

markmurfie

I started datalogging, and while I get some of the PIDs and why they are relevant some I don't. Can someone enlighten me on what the following PIDs mean and what values I am looking for?

ipsibr_IN_ppm (?)
ETC_ACT - is this Actual Throttle opening vs commanded?
MAF_in_lbm_per_min - what's a good vs bad value?
LOAD_as_a_fraction (?)
PPS-APP1 (?)
tq_source_pid (?)
MAF_Hz (?)
AFR1, AFR2 - I presume these should ideally show a "1", and go low when rich - how can you figure out real AFR from these values?
TFT11, STFT21 (?)
LTFT11, LTFT21 (?)
FRP_relative_in_PS (?)
FRP_ACT (?)
TQ_DD_LIMIT (?)

I apologize - I scoured the net and cant find these. If anyone has a link let me know...

This is an old post, but I was looking for definitions of these terms and came aross it.

ipsibr_IN_ppm is the integral error term of the desired MAF in pounds per minute
ETC_ACT is electronic throttle control Actual
MAF_in_lbm_per_min is the amount of air flowing into your engine-More=better if your maf is tuned correctly
LOAD_as_a_fraction is how much % of volumetric efficiency the engine is at divided by 100
PPS-APP1 is pedal position signal accelerator pedal position one
tq_source_pid is the mode that torque request are being applied from
MAF_Hz is the amount of air going into your engine but in hertz which is what the ECU sees from the MAF sensor
AFR1, AFR2 is your air flow ratio measured in lambda. Lambda 1 is stoich independant from fuel. so if you are using gasoline at stoich 14.7:1 and you recieved a signal of .9 lambda you multiply 14.7 by .9 and get 13.2 afr. different fuels have different stoich ratios and thats what lambda works off of.
STFT11, STFT21 are short term fuel trims this is the immediate response the ECU is making to correct fuel to achieve stoich
LTFT11,LTFT21 are long term fuel trims this is learned patterns in fuel correction by the ECU
FRP_relative_in_psi is fuel rail pressure in PSI with out compensation of manifold vaccum/cylinder pressure
FRP_ACT is actual fuel rail pressure
TQ_DD_LIMIT is driver demand torque request limit mode

Last edited:

forsho

Established Member
sorry ... I have a few questions also...

I've just installed my Ngauge into the vent and have searched all the forums for more info.

What is everyone keeping an eye on on the gauges screen?
Is getting the manual boost sensor worth having?
I'm assuming that I'm going to have to buy a wideband if I want to see those numbers, will the Ngauge display the reading?

sleek98

Established Member
I've just installed my Ngauge into the vent and have searched all the forums for more info.

What is everyone keeping an eye on on the gauges screen?
Is getting the manual boost sensor worth having?
I'm assuming that I'm going to have to buy a wideband if I want to see those numbers, will the Ngauge display the reading?

Depending on what year you have you might need to get a wideband. 11+ have them from the factory.

If you have a 2007-2010 then you can get a wideband and have it shown and logged via the analog inputs. I also have the boost box that logs boost as well as shows it on the gauge. I think its worth it but I like to monitor belt slip since Im running a 2.4 pulley.

forsho

Established Member
I have a 2011 Shelby Performance pack - can I access the wideband on the NGAUGE? I'm assuming that it's the front passenger sensor that is a total PITA to get out.

I just thought that I would be looking at something other than AFR1 and AFR2?

sleek98

Established Member
Yeah the 02s1 wide is the wideband reading in lamda, and your Afr is shown using the wideband sensor. You don't need to remove anything

forsho

Established Member
Yeah the 02s1 wide is the wideband reading in lamda, and your Afr is shown using the wideband sensor. You don't need to remove anything

So what all else do you have displayed in the gauges setup? What else is really worth it on a basic bolt-on daily car.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
26209002692_da0104d09f_b.jpg

This is what I keep a eye on.

this video is sum what helpful https://youtu.be/uB5tKS2rzmU[/QUOTE]

Dinosgt

Established Member
I currently watch IAT, IAT2 (I like to see the delta to see when the IC pump kicks on and how much of my temps are inlet related), coolant temp (ECT), knockr, throttle opening (degrees), and AFR.

I used to use the data logging parameters that Lund built in but the latest software allows you to pick whatever parameters you want, so I log whatever I like at the time.

Last edited:

Dinosgt

Established Member
This is an old post, but I was looking for definitions of these terms and came aross it.

ipsibr_IN_ppm is the integral error term of the desired MAF in pounds per minute
ETC_ACT is electronic throttle control Actual
MAF_in_lbm_per_min is the amount of air flowing into your engine-More=better if your maf is tuned correctly
LOAD_as_a_fraction is how much % of volumetric efficiency the engine is at divided by 100
PPS-APP1 is pedal position signal accelerator pedal position one
tq_source_pid is the mode that torque request are being applied from
MAF_Hz is the amount of air going into your engine but in hertz which is what the ECU sees from the MAF sensor
AFR1, AFR2 is your air flow ratio measured in lambda. Lambda 1 is stoich independant from fuel. so if you are using gasoline at stoich 14.7:1 and you recieved a signal of .9 lambda you multiply 14.7 by .9 and get 13.2 afr. different fuels have different stoich ratios and thats what lambda works off of.
STFT11, STFT21 are short term fuel trims this is the immediate response the ECU is making to correct fuel to achieve stoich
LTFT11,LTFT21 are long term fuel trims this is learned patterns in fuel correction by the ECU
FRP_relative_in_psi is fuel rail pressure in PSI with out compensation of manifold vaccum/cylinder pressure
FRP_ACT is actual fuel rail pressure
TQ_DD_LIMIT is driver demand torque request limit mode

This is great - thanks for sharing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread