nGauge anyone?

sprayedGT500

Established Member
Not yet, I'm waiting for them to email me back with it being the weekend I'm sure it won't happen until Monday. I am sure they will clean it up. I was just wondering those few things before they got back to me. Thanks

dtd01svt

Established Member
Finally got my nGauge installed. JLT Nextgen CAI and 2.76" will be delivered tomorrow. Now I wait for warmer weather.

04RFVert

Established Member
I used one for display instead of torque app on android phone. Works decent. I liked it. It took me months and months of bugging them to get IAT2 added but it's there now.
I don't see IAT2 as a choice in my ngauge. I have the HP version with ZT2 connected for WB02 and Boost sensors. Did you have to get special firmware for IAT2?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I don't see IAT2 as a choice in my ngauge. I have the HP version with ZT2 connected for WB02 and Boost sensors. Did you have to get special firmware for IAT2?

Yes I did. Took months of bugging Lund who in turn was bugging the maker of nGauge (I forget the name now). They eventually added it for me.

04RFVert

Established Member
Yes I did. Took months of bugging Lund who in turn was bugging the maker of nGauge (I forget the name now). They eventually added it for me.
Thanks, I just reached out to the guy I bought the ngauge from. It is the HPTuner version so I have aksed if he could look into a firmware upgrade to add the IAT2. So far I really like it, does alot all in one guage, I am only using for gauge, I still use my handheld SCT for tunes so I could always use SCT to monitor IAT2 if I need to. I am curious if my IAT2 is lower now with the ported blower I recently did.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Thanks, I just reached out to the guy I bought the ngauge from. It is the HPTuner version so I have aksed if he could look into a firmware upgrade to add the IAT2. So far I really like it, does alot all in one guage, I am only using for gauge, I still use my handheld SCT for tunes so I could always use SCT to monitor IAT2 if I need to. I am curious if my IAT2 is lower now with the ported blower I recently did.

Since all you're doing is using it for a gauge you can convert your nGauge to the lund version. They have an app to re-flash it and change it over. Then load the beta firmware I have and you'll have IAT2 on it.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm running an nGauge but just started the tuning w/Lund. Been working some bugs out of my car for the most part so not a lot of tuning happening as a result. I do like the gauge itself. Time will tell on the actual tuning.

ghig50

Established Member
Just curious can the n gauge show any data that the torque app is not capable of.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

04RFVert

Established Member
Just curious can the n gauge show any data that the torque app is not capable of.

I dont know what the torque app can do but do know the nguage shows nearly all the factory data present at ecu and I added zeitronix zt2 wideband and boost sensor for more accurate vac and boost info. I can display 6 parameters at once or choose various layouts and color code for high or low readings. Best part is that it logs any info you choose to sd card easily into excel sheet, thats why I ultimately went with ngauge. Picked up the HPTuner version as I didnt need tune and Lund wouldn't sell without tune.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Where are you mounting the nGauge? Do they fit in a pod or are you using the suction cup on the windshield?

ghig50

Established Member
04rfvert it sounds like the torque app can do the same as the n gauge and maybe more including data logs

04RFVert

Established Member
04rfvert it sounds like the torque app can do the same as the n gauge and maybe more including data logs

Thats was my thought. Data logging was key to me. I have good tune and not worried about that for logging but on e85 I like to make a log here and there when refueling to make sure the e85 is consistent.

04RFVert

Established Member
Follow up, I was able to get most recent firmware from hptuners and now I have IAT2 and some better navigation buttons to move through different gauge layouts. This gauge is awesome IMO

dtd01svt

Established Member
Nice. I've got mine on my 2003 Cobra and I love it. I just wish I could get boost on there. I didn't get the zt2 box to go with it

Users who are viewing this thread