Ngauge and electrical question

einehund

Established Member
So I bought an Ngauge and the zt-2 AFR & datalogging system with the fuel pressure and boost pressure sensors. I am reading through the install instructions and they leave a little to be desired. Anyone done this and have some nifty pictures or anything of how they've routed the wires or where they've tapped the connections? Thanks.

einehund

Established Member
As clarification, the wideband and the actual zt-2 are pretty straightforward in their respective connections. I am just wondering where people actually put the zt-2 (as it has an 8' cable). My question about the wiring of the MAP sensor and fuel pressure sensor is where would those even go, and then where would they hook up to, as each sensor only has about 6" of cable.

RBB

Established Member
Does each sensor need a separate 12v switched power source, or do they pull power from the Ngauge?

einehund

Established Member
Each sensor has a 12" pigtail for 12v switched, ground, and output.

3588hg4.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I used this exact setup on my GT500 and now my 2018 Mustang ... although without the fuel sensor.

I had to extend the 3 wires you have pictured above for the MAP sensor since I had my Zt2 box mounted inside the car behind the glove box.

I can try and get some pics. The wiring is pretty straightforward so let me know what you want pics of.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Also I kept the MAP sensor inside the engine bay...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

einehund

Established Member
Awesome. This is more of what i'm looking for. Just someone's guidance as the instructions leave alot to wish for.

How did you end up bolting in the MAP sensor? Drill and tap the lower intake manifold?

RBB

Established Member
Fuses 32 and 37 in your passenger side kick panel fuse box are 12V switched power and unused. Pop an add a circuit in each one and you’re good to go for power.

You’ll tee off the lower intake manifold for vacuum/boost.

I’m not sure how you’d get a fuel pressure reading with stock rails. If you’ve got aftermarket rails, most of them have a couple of NPT threaded plugs that you can remove and screw the fuel pressure sensor into.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome. This is more of what i'm looking for. Just someone's guidance as the instructions leave alot to wish for.

How did you end up bolting in the MAP sensor? Drill and tap the lower intake manifold?

No need to drill and tap. Run some vacuum hose and T into this line and run to your MAP sensor. Zip tie the sensor or mount it somewhere in the engine bay.

969544-A6-5-B25-4-A56-91-B5-1-AED4-DACA0-A3.jpg
windows print screen

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

einehund

Established Member
No need to drill and tap. Run some vacuum hose and T into this line and run to your MAP sensor. Zip tie the sensor or mount it somewhere in the engine bay.

View attachment 1548957windows print screen

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Any idea what the stock diameter of that vacuum line is? I am buying a set of tees and the line, and i'd like it to match. i am not currently even in the same country as my car, so i can't go out and look.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
For OEM fuel rails, I sourced a fuel rail adapter from Evolution Performance. You can see my Autometer fuel pressure sensor and where my MAP sensor T's into the OEM vacuum/boost reference line.

Fuel rail adapter.jpg

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Any idea what the stock diameter of that vacuum line is? I am buying a set of tees and the line, and i'd like it to match. i am not currently even in the same country as my car, so i can't go out and look.
I used 5mm tubing. 3/16" is about the same. McMaster Carr has brass 3/16" elbows and tees. I just painted the exposed parts black. Using the 1/8" vinyl tubing for a long run improves responsiveness of the sending unit. My boost gauge uses a MAP sensor and I probably have a 5' foot run of hose from the pressure sensor to the MAP sensor mounted by the brake booster.

einehund

Established Member
For OEM fuel rails, I sourced a fuel rail adapter from Evolution Performance. You can see my Autometer fuel pressure sensor and where my MAP sensor T's into the OEM vacuum/boost reference line.

View attachment 1548990
Well, after more searching, evolution doesn't offer that block anymore. I found a company that does, but my order got cancelled due to it being out of stock. Oh well.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, after more searching, evolution doesn't offer that block anymore. I found a company that does, but my order got cancelled due to it being out of stock. Oh well.

Try Nitrous Express part# 16184... it's stamped on the part and on my receipt. I found a match online at Summit, Jegs, American Muscle, and Amazon.

einehund

Established Member
Thank you everyone who helped out. Everything is wired and bolted up. I've been taking my time and attempting to make everything look as OEM as possible. I haven't yet turned the key, as I was finishing up as it got dark and if something goes wrong, I'd rather it be in the day when I can actually see issues.

May93

Established Member
How did this all work out? I'm currently doing the same mods. I think the ZT2 kit does more then I know what to do with..

einehund

Established Member
How did this all work out? I'm currently doing the same mods. I think the ZT2 kit does more then I know what to do with..
I've now had the car out and about for a month and a half. Everything is working as it should. I did learn that i didn't need to buy a fuel pressure sensor as the stock fuel rail pressure sensor is a PID that is able to be read by the ngauge, so i can now read it through both the zt2 an ngauge seperately. The data port on the zt2 is only able to be used by one device at a time (there is an adapter that allows two devices but i didn't buy it) so it is either plugged into the ngauge, or a laptop. I leave it hooked up to the ngauge so that i can display actual boost and AFR. I'll take some pictures next time i'm under/around my car.

May93

Established Member
I've now had the car out and about for a month and a half. Everything is working as it should. I did learn that i didn't need to buy a fuel pressure sensor as the stock fuel rail pressure sensor is a PID that is able to be read by the ngauge, so i can now read it through both the zt2 an ngauge seperately. The data port on the zt2 is only able to be used by one device at a time (there is an adapter that allows two devices but i didn't buy it) so it is either plugged into the ngauge, or a laptop. I leave it hooked up to the ngauge so that i can display actual boost and AFR. I'll take some pictures next time i'm under/around my car.

Ok so I wont need the fuel pressure sensor as the Nguage will read the PID correct? I was looking to order a MAP 3.5 Bar Boost Sensor from Racing. Part # LR-ZT-MAP. I have it in my shopping cart ready to ship.

Did you drill and add a bung for the exhaust sensor and if so what location did you install it? The Zt2 kit mentions a down-pipe distance of 16" so I'm sure exhaust temperature is a concern, however I'm running a stock 2013 Style Supercharger.

I take it you lengthened all the wires for the installation? Once again sorry for all the questions. After this part of the installation is completed I'm ready to start data-logging so I can get the car on the road again. The information on this Zt2 kit is vague and I feel like I'm not using it to its full capabilities.

Any pics or help is appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread