Next mod ?

CobraG

Established Member
I want to get something for my 2013 5.0, mod wise. Right now it's between a head unit with Apple car play, the nice one, the one that looks like it's factory, it has the big screen with nav and all that. My current head unit is the one with the little slit that tells the time, station, temp, etc.
Or
An intake manifold, either the 2018 manifold or the Boss 302. I like the Boss 302, looks sharp. I don't track the car, it's the definition of a weekend warrior for sure.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I say go stereo upgrade. Unless ur gonna go forced induction ur probably not gonna see much HP improvement. I would look at a unit that has wireless CarPlay.

I have Morel (3) ways up front with an (8) channel Audison Amp/DSP with the stealth box 13 inch JL woofer with Hertz coaxial pros in rear. Yea it adds some weight but I dont give a **** I haven't lost to anyone ever lol so who cares :p.

95% of the time im just cruising so stereo upgrades are always first on my list.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I'm with Brett. My setup isn't as nice as his, but I do have the full, Shelby/Kicker plug n play system, which is coaxials in the upper door, shallow mount 8" subs in the lower door, coaxials for the rear, a four channel amp (under the glove box) and then a powered, 10" sub.

So much fun to listen to while driving.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
If you’re leaning intake skip the boss and do a 18+ preferably ported too. You’ll see the greatest gains about 5500ish RPMs but it’s worth it unless you’re 100% currently. Then I’d suggest doing you’re head unit if those are the only 2 options.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice bro! Im with ya these are STREET cars we own NOT race cars but urs is still faster and even faster NOW lol :D

I'm with Brett. My setup isn't as nice as his, but I do have the full, Shelby/Kicker plug n play system, which is coaxials in the upper door, shallow mount 8" subs in the lower door, coaxials for the rear, a four channel amp (under the glove box) and then a powered, 10" sub.

So much fun to listen to while driving.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Post up what head unit you plan to go with. Friend of mine went with one that looks just like the OEM premium head unit but he has had issues with it (crappy interphone, bluetooth issues, etc.....)

I would go with a stereo for sure for a car you drive a lot. Power mods are nice but on a NA car you probably wont even notice a difference.

CobraG

Established Member
For the head unit I've been looking at the Dynavin, I think it's the Dynavin N7. I like the features it has and it has a stock look. For the IM's I'm still split on the 2018 IM or the Boss 302 IM.
I'm not sure what all is needed when it comes to putting an IM on, an install kit a tune? I try to keep that kind of stuff in mind when making my decisions for buying, that way I'm not caught off guard when there's an additional $200 for an install kit and $50 more for the tune.

The head unit and IM seem to price out pretty close so it's kind of a toss up. Part of me likes the head unit the other part likes the IM. The car hasn't seen the track and probably won't. The last time I drove it I think was about 3 weeks ago, maybe 4, I'm not sure.
I'm hoping a mod will help jumpstart my enthusiasm again. And the wife wants to get me something for the car for Christmas too.

Users who are viewing this thread