Next design for the Mustang?

bluebosss197

im did asbestos i can
Established Member
Ugh.

Got to give them credit for their camouflaging. You can't even tell what it's going to look like.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Got to give them credit for their camouflaging. You can't even tell what it's going to look like.
1642268628050.jpeg

Autocar did this ^ rendering back in 2020 (?)… from the cruddy spit pics…. My kind jumps to this.

blk02edge

Established Member
I would love to have a 2019 Bullitt Edition. But with an 10R80 instead of the schtick.

That being said, I have heard rumors of an AWD Hybrid. I have heard rumors of a 6.8L version of the Godzilla.

It will be interesting to see what is truth and what is fantasy.
I can tell you with absolute certainty that the 6.8 is fantasy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Really hard to get any solid "visuals" from those photos as far as how different the body will be compared to the current platform. Hopefully someone will catch one is lesser cladding soon. I kind of expect to see rather minor body changes.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I personally don't want to see a modern day looking foxbody mustang. For me it takes away from the true 79-93 foxbody mustangs.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How cool would it be for Ford to build exact replicas of early year Mustangs, fox body's, etc. but with all new technology. Yes-No ?
Not if you mean regular MY production models for everyone. It's a niche market. That said, I'm all in on Fox bodies and other older cars being re-built/restored with updated drivetrains, suspensions, brake systems, interiors, etc. There are custom builders who do this and they're very popular. Mecum even had a few '55, '56' '57 Chevies with late model motors, suspensions, interiors (custom as well), brakes, etc. Gorgeous. They brought BIG money. I was really impressed with what I saw.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
So far I haven't heard any rumors of special editions at S650 launch. By this time in the S550 preseason I was already drooling over the idea of a high revving, very special GT350.

The S650 is rumored to be the last version with a V8. Too bad no rumors of another ultra special V8 last hurrah.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
How cool would it be for Ford to build exact replicas of early year Mustangs, fox body's, etc. but with all new technology. Yes-No ?

I’d love to have a New Edge, SN95, or Fox with the interior and drivetrain of a new Mustang.

If she vapes, she has a dildo and sucks peen.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So far I haven't heard any rumors of special editions at S650 launch. By this time in the S550 preseason I was already drooling over the idea of a high revving, very special GT350.

The S650 is rumored to be the last version with a V8. Too bad no rumors of another ultra special V8 last hurrah.
Makes you wonder if Ford will launch the S650 rather quietly, with no special models, and maybe one later on. They're surely going to heavily market their upcoming hybrids/EVs. ??

cobracide

Established Member
Typically the "special" models come a year or two later after the initial release. So it's not very surprising that no special models have been announced yet.

I'd really like a GT500 before Ford stops making ICE. The market now for cars is idiocy so still patiently waiting..

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I think the retro styling that has been in place since 2005 is long in the tooth. The mustang is so iconic that coming up with a complete clean sheet design is a big gamble. Ford knows this. I would personally love to see a modern day fox body. At the rate we're going, anything with a V8 is a big win. I haven't heard anything about the rumored 7.3L finding its way into the mustang. Likely not going to happen with the current administration and eco wackos.
It wont now with the current administration in office.

slowgreycobra

Established Member
Not a fan of the current styling or exhaust note from the Coyote. Sure do think the performance is awesome though. I loved the SN95 Cobras and new Edge cars. I stopped paying as much attention to anything after the last Boss 302 model. The new Mach 1 styling did catch my eye as an original Mach 1 owner from 1969.

What I would like to see is a more defined car. I would call the current body an angular jelly bean. Retro styling I don't really lean either way on. If it has a really neat modern design, then I would be happy with that. I hope they can keep the Coyote where it is at for power. It's going to het tougher with the Eco Commies pushing kitchen appliances with wheels and telling us we better like it or else.

Mackie

Established Member
How is it that you can have zero intention of buying a new Mustang regardless of what the S650 is but maintain a strong opinion on what it should or should not be? No customer defined the 64 1/2 Mustang.

Ford owns and defines the brand, if you don’t like a Mach e being called a Mustang there were 60K paying customers who did.

What was once an enthusiast site is now a herd mentality ‘let’s all agree we don’t like whatever Ford is doing‘ mob, all while Ford sales and stock are approaching a company record.

A 121 year old company can manage to change with the times yet many on this board can’t get past 1979 to 2004.

blk02edge

Established Member
How is it that you can have zero intention of buying a new Mustang regardless of what the S650 is but maintain a strong opinion on what it should or should not be? No customer defined the 64 1/2 Mustang.

Ford owns and defines the brand, if you don’t like a Mach e being called a Mustang there were 60K paying customers who did.

What was once an enthusiast site is now a herd mentality ‘let’s all agree we don’t like whatever Ford is doing‘ mob, all while Ford sales and stock are approaching a company record.

A 121 year old company can manage to change with the times yet many on this board can’t get past 1979 to 2004.
Having fun yelling at clouds?

Users who are viewing this thread