News Rotors Thanks LMR !

Pauliejr

Established Member
Decided to upgrade my front brakes with some StopTech Slotted Front Rotors From LMR.

I waited all week as the cars on jack stands waiting for my new Rotors and pads.

I received my package last night and I’m PISSED.

Upon opening the box I find 2 Rotor boxes beat up and in terrible condition. The 2 boxes were smushed together and practically falling apart.

I took the one box out and the rotor fell out of the box it was so destroyed. I took the second box out and it was EMPTY.

the “shipping weight” was 16lbs and the weight of one rotor weighs more than this alone.

what the hell kind of service is this? I go on LMR’s site and they are now “out of stock”

I’m beyond pissed and will not be ordering from LMR anymore after this experience.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're posting a rant against a good vendor here, but have you even talked to LMR yet? Understandable that you're upset, but start by making a phone call on Monday morning. Give LMR the opportunity to help you before you start bashing them.

Did you take photos of the outer carton before you opened it? Did you take photos of the inner boxes as well? Photos would help LMR when/if they have to talk to the shipper.

Pauliejr

Established Member
You're posting a rant against a good vendor here, but have you even talked to LMR yet? Understandable that you're upset, but start by making a phone call on Monday morning. Give LMR the opportunity to help you before you start bashing them.

Did you take photos of the outer carton before you opened it? Did you take photos of the inner boxes as well? Photos would help LMR when/if they have to talk to the shipper.

Of course. Was hopping and LMR rep would chime in here. The whole process and issue seems like it was a disregard for the order.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
o_O You're making assumptions before even talking to LMR. So, are you going to call them Monday?

Pauliejr

Established Member
I called yesterday the last hour before they closed. The phone system wasn’t even working. I will try again Monday.

mods feel free to delete my “rant” thought this was a forum to discuss things with others.

wanted to share my experience and maybe get some inside help.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Sorry to hear your troubles. I'm sure LMR will help you out on the return.

I'm surprised those Rotors are out of stock, seems slotted disc rotors are pretty common these days. Maybe I wrong.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Hey man, it's pretty standard internet protocol for normal people to try and resolve the issue first before resorting to trashing companies online.

I feel your frustration, it's warranted but let the system work first. If it fails, then roast TF out of them.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Check out AutoAnything with one of those 20% off coupons for brakes.

Also you could have waited to get the parts before sticking it on the stands if it were just for the brakes.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I have StopTech drilled/slotted that I bought a few years ago and am happy with them. I found the part #s from the StopTech website and ordered from the cheapest vendor I found online. It was a company I never heard of in CA but they showed up. I will say the boxes were beat up due to the weight but they were ok inside.

Good luck with your situation.

Tom

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Since your car is now off the road it's understandable you're frustrated especially if LMR is currently out of stock. But this does seem a bit like a shipping issue. Maybe you can take photos, contact LMR......work out a return for full refund. In meantime, American Muscle + other vendors sell those rotors.

Pauliejr

Established Member
Still waiting for more information on their end. I sent them everything I have.

they are reaching out to the shipping company. Even though I stated the shipping box did not appear to be damaged or opened

PM-Performance

Established Member
LMR will fix it. Honestly this is a carrier issues I am sure unless it was doubleboxed and the outside box was fine. These heavy rotors come in medicre packaging from the manufacturer. They will normally double box them.

LMR is legit though. talk to them first. They are not a fly by night drop shipper out of their garage though.

Pauliejr

Established Member
I’ve ordered from them in the past and spent a tone of money.

the “LMR” exterior box was up damaged/ unopened, yet they claim They have been having constant carrier Issues. I was first told I would receive a full refund and nothing in return. Now I am finally after 2 weeks getting an offer for a partial refund and I have to send the other rotor back.

They weren’t too pleasant to my wife on the phone as she was the original one to order theses for me.

Whatever the mixup may be, just doesn’t seem like it was handled properly and was neglect on their part.

I by no means am “bashing” LMR as I said I have spent thousands with them, nor am I recommending that you don’t use them. They are great.

was just disappointed with this incident,communication, and service.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’ve ordered from them in the past and spent a tone of money. The “LMR” exterior box was up damaged/ unopened, yet they claim They have been having constant carrier Issues. I was first told I would receive a full refund and nothing in return. Now I am finally after 2 weeks getting an offer for a partial refund and I have to send the other rotor back.

They weren’t too pleasant to my wife on the phone as she was the original one to order theses for me.

Whatever the mixup may be, just doesn’t seem like it was handled properly and was neglect on their part.

I by no means am “bashing” LMR as I said I have spent thousands with them, nor am I recommending that you don’t use them. They are great.

was just disappointed with this incident,communication, and service.
Care to elaborate? You say you're not bashing LMR, but now you're accusing them of not being pleasant to your wife when she placed the order. :confused:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ok, 1st off please at least contact the LMR an ask for help in politely manner.

2nd if you have taken pictures of everything im sure you could post them for the rep.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Bummer to hear about this. I’ve had overall good luck with LMR. Even with some things that showed up missing, a phone call squared it away quickly. They are a reputable company and they should take care of you. I know that there are shortages of stop tech products lately as I just ordered the brakes for my wife’s car and it was difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread