Newbie with some questions help much appreciated

KLLR SNK

Established Member
The Steeda catback is the same as the Borla Touring but cheaper. The Steeda comes shipped in a Borla box. With the oil separator on the firewall, the fuel regulator, JLT, smaller upper pulley, and it looks like 60 or 80 lb injectors (they don't look blue to me) the peeling painted blower leads me to suspect the blower may be ported. It may be setup for e85.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ Yes, it is the same as the Steeda. I used the Steeda catback on my '03 Cobra and the sound was just right for me, and zero drone. I called Borla at the time and had a discussion about their Touring catback and the Steeda catback. Identical.

termcobra281

Established Member
I would even go as far as saying I bet it has had a aftermarket supercharger on it at one time which explains why it looks like it has a fuel system on it... it may not have but if you look under the car and see after fuel lines and so on I'd almost bet money it had a vmp, whipple, or something like that on it at one time.

Shadowsonic

Established Member
So compression tests come in cylinder 5 and 8 are at 125PSI all others are at 175PSI we know its been pullied and possibly have a bad tune. I obviously want the car but what are my options here and risks if i do end up getting it still with these results what am i looking to spend?

Could it just be the bad tune or bad rings? bad head gasket? bad gas because its been sitting there its alot of variables but what do you gents think?

HPLouis

Established Member
So compression tests come in cylinder 5 and 8 are at 125PSI all others are at 175PSI we know its been pullied and possibly have a bad tune. I obviously want the car but what are my options here and risks if i do end up getting it still with these results what am i looking to spend?

Could it just be the bad tune or bad rings? bad head gasket? bad gas because its been sitting there its alot of variables but what do you gents think?

Don't buy it. There are too many other Terminators.

Users who are viewing this thread