Newbie with some questions help much appreciated

Shadowsonic

Established Member
I'm sure this has been posted before but going through all the threads to find out the info has been quite a daunting task and exhausting. So any help here would be very greatful please.

hBH8d0

11.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

10.jpg

I bought this car over the weekend but have minor questions.

1- The motor looks pretty stock besides the aem gauges anything else i've missed?
2- Loud as hell exhaust im sure it's been modified but by the looks can anyone else otherwise?
3- Is the mileage to high for any modding should i just get it tuned and go from there?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Is the FRPS gone? It looks like theres just regulator. Which means it has a return system. Mileage isn't high at all. I'd get a compression or leak down test and then decide on mods from there. Just in case it was modded and returned to stock.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Mileage is low for an 03. Not super low but still low to me. Yes you can still mod it. Looks like it’s pullied with a cold air intake. Do you have wideband gauge for air fuel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowsonic

Established Member
Mileage is low for an 03. Not super low but still low to me. Yes you can still mod it. Looks like it’s pullied with a cold air intake. Do you have wideband gauge for air fuel? Yes it has a wide band for the air fuel.

Is the FRPS gone? It looks like theres just regulator. Which means it has a return system. Mileage isn't high at all. I'd get a compression or leak down test and then decide on mods from there. Just in case it was modded and returned to stock.

Compression test is already been setup for it next week but i was just curious on the mileage it's mostly a garage queen i was worried because i don't normally like modded cars without knowing anything about it, the sales guy was nice but knew nothing of the previous owner or what mods did what.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

What does it read at wide open throttle in 4th gear?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'll check this out next weekend I'm picking it up Friday night the 19th

Have you already paid for it? If not have a compression test done before purchase. I know you stated your having one done but I’d make that a factor. 11.4-11.7 would be a good wide open throttle in 4th gear.

Shadowsonic

Established Member
Have you already paid for it? If not have a compression test done before purchase. I know you stated your having one done but I’d make that a factor. 11.4-11.7 would be a good wide open throttle in 4th gear.

I already paid for it i just didn't have time to pick it up until end of week.

Shadowsonic

Established Member
For a compression i was reading around the forums it should be around 150 - 170 psi correct? Plans nothing huge i live in Massachusetts modding here is horrible vehicle inspections are a horror show anything crazy they fail you, so maybe i little more show on the engine and leave the go as is but i want to make sure this stays solid and i can enjoy it for years to come.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Would be worth crawling under it to see what fuel lines are under it. Take the driver side trunk panel off to see what the fpdm setup is. What’s the power cable going from the battery? Did it have subs or something?
Also look at the bottom left of the blower and see if there’s a stamp that would indicate it’s been ported

Shadowsonic

Established Member
Would be worth crawling under it to see what fuel lines are under it. Take the driver side trunk panel off to see what the fpdm setup is. What’s the power cable going from the battery? Did it have subs or something?
Also look at the bottom left of the blower and see if there’s a stamp that would indicate it’s been ported

This will have to wait until i grab it next friday it's an out of state dealer about 4hrs from me. No idea but didn't look like it had subs or anything. If there is no stamp there than what?

Last edited:

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
It's definitely pullied with at least a snub idler and cai.

Looks pretty clean other than the painted eaton (looks like it's chipping off from the heat), valve covers, ic reservoir, etc.

Hard to tell from the angle, but i wonder if they painted the entire ic tank, because that would be really stupid.

Shadowsonic

Established Member
Here's another dumb question, so the exhaust is stupid loud! I need to quiet it down cops in Massachusetts are cracking down on modded cars big time but i'd still like a nice sound any setup suggestions?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on your purchase. Nothing alarming shows in any of the photos except for the flaking paint on the blower. If you're going to stick with the Eaton long term, you can clean and repaint it when you're ready. It does have a smaller upper pulley (probably a 2.76) and billet idlers.

I recommend you browse through my Terminator FAQs when you get a chance. You'll find a lot of useful info there as a new Terminator owner.

Denver_SVT

Established Member
For a compression i was reading around the forums it should be around 150 - 170 psi correct? Plans nothing huge i live in Massachusetts modding here is horrible vehicle inspections are a horror show anything crazy they fail you, so maybe i little more show on the engine and leave the go as is but i want to make sure this stays solid and i can enjoy it for years to come.
Yes correct 150-170 PSI compression is good. Make sure 10% between cylinder to another in same bank is acceptable and look at the spark plugs make sure no oil on them. Good luck and congrats for the terminator

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The cats are probably gone, that'll quiet it down. I love Borla but it's a little loud. Flow masters sound nice also and it's not so loud. See if you can take a picture of the exhaust from underneath the car.

Users who are viewing this thread