newbie questions

cobra916

Established Member
i have a 03 cammed mach..looking into going e85..i seen the 5.0 mag article where the tuner tuned a stock mach for e85(but when the fuel was tested it was more like e49) kinda miss leading.. could i get away with just injectors or just a fuel pump?or will i need both?

Teej281

Established Member
You'll probably need either an SVT Focus fuel pump or a KB BAP to get enough fuel out of the pump. And you're probably going to need something like 30lb injectors. You could also do something like having your stock injectors ported by stiege or buy used 39's from an 03 cobra, or just go straight for 42lb injectors from FRPP.

Really what you need for an E85 build is about 30% more fuel from your setup. So new pump/BAP and bigger injectors(at least 30lb) are needed. What's your car making at the tires if you dont mind me asking.

cobra916

Established Member
You'll probably need either an SVT Focus fuel pump or a KB BAP to get enough fuel out of the pump. And you're probably going to need something like 30lb injectors. You could also do something like having your stock injectors ported by stiege or buy used 39's from an 03 cobra, or just go straight for 42lb injectors from FRPP.

Really what you need for an E85 build is about 30% more fuel from your setup. So new pump/BAP and bigger injectors(at least 30lb) are needed. What's your car making at the tires if you dont mind me asking.

its making 350 std with a safe tune.. thanks for the info ill look into the focus or bap... will the focus pump be a plug in go?

Users who are viewing this thread