Newbie here with a ST

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Well I finally broke down and traded my 2012 FX2 Supercrew in on a 2013 Focus ST. Been thinking about it for a while, and finally pulled the trigger! I was spending almost $100 a week on gas in the truck, now it should be half. The focus is a amazing DD, and it has a pair of balls too! I got the ST2 package, and love everything about the car. I am curious if theres anything I can do to make the turbo sound louder? I really dont want to void warranty now. I was thinking of having the resonator taken out in the exhaust. Has anyone tried this?

so you really like the car. I maybe trading my GT500 for one.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
trading a GT500 for the car? Hmm...I don't know about that. I have a 13 GT that's a weekend car, and I WOULDN'T trade my GT for the ST. However, the ST makes a better daily driver. Handling is phenomenal, and boost is instant, making passing and spirited "driving" a whole lot of fun! Is your GT500 a daily? I could see replacing it for that reason. But for a toy, I would keep the GT500!

NEMES1S

Established Member
trading a GT500 for the car? Hmm...I don't know about that. I have a 13 GT that's a weekend car, and I WOULDN'T trade my GT for the ST. However, the ST makes a better daily driver. Handling is phenomenal, and boost is instant, making passing and spirited "driving" a whole lot of fun! Is your GT500 a daily? I could see replacing it for that reason. But for a toy, I would keep the GT500!

Agreed!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

I have two boys, 15 & 13. I plan on giving one my GTO and the other I would have to buy a vehicle for in a couple of years. GT500 is out of the question. That was my thinking, but yes it would be hard to trade. GT500 pretty much stays in the garage, 20K miles and it's an 09.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I have two boys, 15 & 13. I plan on giving one my GTO and the other I would have to buy a vehicle for in a couple of years. GT500 is out of the question. That was my thinking, but yes it would be hard to trade. GT500 pretty much stays in the garage, 20K miles and it's an 09.

So your giving your 15 year old your GTO? Might want to rethink that. In high school I had several fox body mustangs, I couldn't imagine owning a GTO at such a young age (most boys aren't responsible enough at that age). After wrecking one, I learned my lesson real quick.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
So your giving your 15 year old your GTO? Might want to rethink that. In high school I had several fox body mustangs, I couldn't imagine owning a GTO at such a young age (most boys aren't responsible enough at that age). After wrecking one, I learned my lesson real quick.

when he turns 17, so a couple of years. The Focus would be handed down in 4 years to the younger soon. In between will probably pick up a CLA45 AMG.

Users who are viewing this thread