Newbie exhaust question

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Ive got a question for ya guys out there...ive got a 99gt with the mods listed below and i was lookin for some new headers or h/x pipe (off road) i was wondering if i should save my money up and buy some bbk long tubes and the short h pipe and if i do...are the ceramics worth the extra 100 bucks or should i get say...a bassani catless x pipe and some jdm headers...opinions welcome... thanks

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Welcome to the site! Definitely get the ceramic coating. Ive heard a lot of good things about the bbk longtubes. I dont know anything about the jdm headers, but the bassani o/r x-pipe is a good piece too. I recommend the bbk with short h. Car will sound MUCH better and you will feel a difference in power.

Andrew

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Check out Kooks fm JDM Headers. They say u can work on the Transmittion with out having to take the Headers out. BBK is a nice piece i had it on my 01Cobra. Sweet no problems getting to red line.

Bad thing was when i needed some warrantee work on the Transmition. They wanted 500bucks to take it off & put it back just to have it fixed.

Think long term. So if u need a new cluch get it in place & if ur transmition needs an Oil change do it as well. This way u can get the little things that might cost u on the long run. Also if the Sincros are bad get it rebuilt.

Things to think about before jumping in. This way it wont cost u on the long run.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Bassani makes a midlength header for the 4.6's now. You do not have to remove the headers to change the clutch with them. They also make the catted and off road X's to match the new headers. This would be my suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread