newbie E85 cooling question

dlaude

Established Member
Forgive my naivety here, but what all gets cooled by this "liquid gold"? Is an aftermarket heat exchanger no longer necessary? How about the headcooling mod? Is the heaton cooled by it? Only been 2 days...and only an upper only car...and am on the bandwagon fo sho!!!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Most aftermarket heat exchangers are not worth much on the street. E85 will help keep temps down for sure. Especially after the blower and will be much more consistent pass after pass.

Since the fuel is injected after the blower, it's hard to measure how much cooler the temps are due to the IAT2 sensor being upstream of it, but I assure you the air/fuel mixture going into the heads is much cooler.

FYI: I have never run a head cooling mod on my car.

dlaude

Established Member
FYI: I have never run a head cooling mod on my car.

Oh nice! I didn't really have much intention to, but I wasn't positive, and wanted to gather some opinions. And more importantly, see if it would cool down the heaton at all. Judging by the 'steam'-like looking stuff that is still generated and comes out the hood vents, I'd say not much haha.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I think its just the nature of the fuel that cools the combustion chamber. Ethanol is alcohol based.
Correct.

Have you ever looked at an intake from an Alcohol Funny Car after a run?

Also, they run so much cooler they don't even run radiators.

Users who are viewing this thread