Newbie, but not to 'stang's

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Well, I finally got my butt over here. Been around stangs for some time, but recently got rid of the 95 and purchased an 03 Redfire 20K miles/26K. I think I got a pretty good deal. Found it in NY, flew up, bought it and drove back to FL. Here's a list of what the second owner had done to it. ALL modifications performed by TeamJDM.
1) 2.8 RR upper
2) X pipe, no cats
3) Flowmasters
4) Open air element air filter
5) Boost bypass
6) Firewall adjuster
7) Aftermarket quadrant
8) Different Idler pullies (sorry, forgot the name)
9) ALL IRS braces and bushings to contain wheel hop
10) Upper/Lower cntrl arms
11) Subframe connectors
12) SLP Linelock
13) Raptor shift light
14) SCT tuned

Results: 478HP/499TQ. I was sent video's of the car at a JDM track day and the best the car has run is 12.07. That was launching low and granny shifting. Happy to be here and have alot to read. I spend most of my time at Modular Fords and my home site, but now I have a new home. Lets see if I can get a picture posted. Wade. BTW, Im a deputy sheriff and see the Donut shop section. Haaaaa to funny.

frankin

Established Member
Very Nice and a good deal! I picked mine up back in September of 05. It had 22k on it and I paid $24,500 for it. I flew to ILL to pick it up and drove back to FL.

Congrats! :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to the Forum. And congrats on your new Cobra. You're making some nice power with just that 2.80 upper. Are those SAE or STD numbers. For comparison, with a 2.90 and similar mods (at the time) I made 457rwhp and 480rwtq. :)

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
Welcome, thats a fine looking ride you got there. Now get some real pics posted up in here.

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
thanks everyone. The drive home was "interesting" to say the least. I got all screwed up after getting off the George Washington bridge into NJ. Friggin 18 lanes going 30 different places. In total, it was about 19 hours to get home. Didn't even go to the house when I got here. Went straight to our club meet to show off the car and give a couple test drives!!!!

As for the dyno figurres. That's what was on the dyno sheet when I picked it up from the owner. Hold on, let me see if I can find the dyno sheet. Just looked,,,doesn't say SAE or STD. Dyno pulls were on a DynoJet.

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Ok, let's see if I can remember how to use ImageShack.
cobrapics0138ry.jpg

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
hey wade, how are you?

im cory, genes neighbors friends son that came down and stayed at genes house for a few days.

gene is now obsessed, and is looking for a terminator.

i finally sold my white 99 coby, and bought my all stock 03 sonic blue.

cant wait to get down this summer, and have some fun.

cory

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
Cory, wazup bro???? Is the car in the sig the one you sold? Yeah, Gene was telling me the stories. See ya this summer. Im just lurking around here trying to suck in as much info as I can.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
what stories did gene tell you?

i heard you murdered him, while he was in his mach one, right on klosterman, or 19, or something.

yeah, the one in my sig is the 99 i had when i was down there the one time, but didnt bring.

i sold it to my best friend, who already has one custom built drag 99 cobra, so i know its in good hands.

but i just got me a Sonic Blue, all stock, and ill be ordering the whipple in a couple weeks, aswell as all the other mods to get to about 600.

cory

Users who are viewing this thread