Newbee questions on BE tuning resetting the VIN / Vehicle ID block

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Starting to dive slowly into reviewing the config files and how BE tuning software appears to function and integrate with the vehicle.
I have found some things that are simple such as disabling pats and reconfig for gear ratio.
I'm still getting this P1639 error Vehicle ID Block Corrupted, Not Programmed.
I''m not finding any location on the scalars file, not when I select VID does it allow me to modify anything. Any guidance on where I can go to configure vehicle ID block as well as VIN?
Thank you.

cj428mach

Established Member
You can't modify the VID block as thats how they tie a token to your car. Id get with Adam or Clint and see if they can help solve your problem.

cj428mach

Established Member
If you have a mongoose cable I believe you can get on fords website and buy a 3 day subscription to their tools and you can flash your PCM back to 100% stock. That might repair your VID block issue, just note that if you've already assigned a token to your car you might lose it.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
This is an ongoing 12 year SCCA car back to stock initiative (or that piece of Sh!t I've dragged to multiple houses as my wife calls it) , so its a hodge podge of parts at this point. I believe the PCM is already at Stock. I was just modifying some of the basic elements causing some headaches. After which once the car is up and running I'll start facilitating other mods and parts I have sitting around. Such as right now I don't have 03-04 fuel injectors, I have 24# and 80# units. So I plan to just get the vehicle up and running on the 24's and move to the 80's later with upgraded rails.
I do have the mongoose cable along with EEC, dongle. May break down and find a used Quaterhorse chip.

Users who are viewing this thread