New Youk peeps, Where for the 4th?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Where are the fireworks and where's a good place to watch from?

I Heard they are on the east river and try to watch from Trump Plaza.
Any other suggestions?
Other than the 9/11 memorial, the Statue of Liberty and a ride up to the Niagara Falls is there anything else that is a must see?

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Tomorrow there is a show at Point Look Out that's very fun. On Monday is Eisenhower park, which is supposed to be very good, but a little crowded for my personal taste. You have to be very far away from the fireworks to, which I think kind of sucks.

My absolute favorite firework show I've ever been to is Firemans field in Valley Stream, and the show is on the 4th of July. You can get VERY close and they always do an incredible job. They use salutes throughout the body of the show, which is rare and I love it! Definitely the funnest, most intense show I've ever seen. You gotta make sure you go right up to the fence.

Just walk the streets of NYC and take a few subway rides towards Columbia University. The entertainment on the street is unbeatable.

Kornilov

Established Member
Where are the fireworks and where's a good place to watch from?

I Heard they are on the east river and try to watch from Trump Plaza.
Any other suggestions?
Other than the 9/11 memorial, the Statue of Liberty and a ride up to the Niagara Falls is there anything else that is a must see?

Why in God's name would you be in that cesspool during 4th of July? Its bad enough on a normal day, but I would go to NYC (or take my family there) on the 4th of July if you paid me $1K a day.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Why in God's name would you be in that cesspool during 4th of July? Its bad enough on a normal day, but I would go to NYC (or take my family there) on the 4th of July if you paid me $1K a day.

just felt like going.
Basically just a few couples that just decided to go and do something different somewhere none of us have ever been.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Whatever you do please do not condemn the entire state of New York by what you see in NYC.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Yeah, definitely no open containers on the streets. It's not bad to visit occasionally. My best friend worked down there for 4-5 years and I visited once a month for the weekend (about a 3hr drive south). By about the 10th time down I was sick of the city and after 2yrs he wanted to come home but the money was too good at the time.

Smith and Wollensky is a great restaurant if you plan on going to dinner.

Edit....
Niagara Falls is a long way from NYC although I definitely recommend it. The new Yankee stadium is pretty impressive too.

Last edited:

Woody6799

Established Member
The city is alot of fun, even during the "cesspool" of the fourth of July. We did it 3 years ago and have gone into the city several times since. We are only about an hour away. Hands down the best was to do the fireworks is a tour like this.

https://www.circleline42.com/cruises-and-schedules/july-4th-fireworks-cruise/

You hop on the boat an hour or two early with 75ish other people, everyone gets a seat, ours had a bar on board and some music. We got a tour of the skyline and then we parked on the river and watched the fireworks almost directly above us. Best seats in the house. Takes about 30 minutes to get back to dock and by that point most of the crowds had dispersed. IMO the only way to do it.

Of course the 9/11 memorial but other things to do:
- Madam Tussauds Wax Museum
- Central Park Zoo
- Rockafeller Center
- Times Square

But I mean really you can't go wrong. It will be a long and expensive day but it will also be alot of fun. Don't worry about planning where you are going to eat, there is so much its crazy. Just grab something from somewhere and you won't be disappointed.

greenscobie86

Established Member
I live in NYC, some parts of it are shitty no doubt. I wouldn't go calling it a cesspool though lol. You can go by the Statue of Liberty and Battery Park to see some fireworks on the 4th. Be ready though, it will probably be packed. Take the SI Ferry across too, the views and fireworks will be awesome from there.

8th Ave and 35th street, not too bad of a spot. I would head south to 14th St and 9th/10Ave for trendy(but expensive) nightlife. If you're in the mood for cool dining experiences there are lots of Korean places in midtown(Broadway and 33rd/32nd streets.) Indian food at Curry Hill(Lexington & Upper 20's.)

You'll have a lot of fun.

EDIT: DEFINITELY no open containers lol. And try not to flash the bagged booze in front of New Yorks finest too much either.

Last edited:

Franco

Established Member
If you do make it to NY there is a great show the night before belmore car show and Sunday in the am obi car show. Both great shows with big turnouts

Users who are viewing this thread