New Year...New Shade Of Grey. This Time It’s For Keeps

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Holy Shit!!!

Awesome start. awesome plan, awesome car.

Sorry to hear about your brother, but I believe he couldn't be prouder of you.

To quote an old meme:
"earthquake? nah that's just a cammed windsor"

Sub'd and super ****ing pumped to see the goal line

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I can’t describe how much all of your support and kindness means to me. I know this is the internet and nothing “should” be taken too seriously BUT you don’t have to take time out of your day to post...you chose to. For that I am humbled and grateful. If I have the opportunity to repay that kindness, I’d like nothing more.

So I suppose it’s time you know what’s going in this car. To make a long story...less long, it’s been an expensive return from vacation lol

So here we go. Here’s a summary. Details and pics will be provided when the parts start arriving. Everything was purchased new...in the last week. Hopefully my wife doesn’t see this post :D

Motor:
Boss block big bore 352ci built by Woody at Ford Strokers with linkbar lifters and custom billet roller cam
Ported AFR 205 Renegade heads w/ every upgrade available
Ported Holley Systemax

Power Adder:
Vortech YSi renegade with billet bracket and custom 10 rib setup

Trans:
Freddie Brown 4r70w
1200hp build
300m direct drum/shaft
Full manual race valve body
Triple disc lockup converter
Electronic o/d, trans brake and lockup

Electronics:
Holley Terminator max with Trans control
Holley 6.8” pro dash
MSD crank trigger
MSD cam sync
LS coil on plug

Aiming for 850-1000rwhp with 100% stock body and interior. Should translate to a high 8 second street car once I figure out how to get it to hook. Working on building the rear end setup and fuel system next.

basically, I’m pot committed now fellas lol

94slowbra1

Established Member
I ran a dart 331 with afr 205s, renegade ysi set up and a ported systemax intake in an 88 coupe. That combo was a blast. The extra cubic inches can only lead to more fun.
Should be nasty!

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Thanks for sharing the background story you did. Sad, uplifting, and inspiring at the same time. Good luck in turning her into what you aspire to. Based on previous performance I'm sure you'll hit it out of the park again especially starting with such a fine example from the jump. Be well man.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Hopefully I can get to Woodward again this year. Friend of mine is going to rent a house this year. If so, we need to meet up. A lot of common themes between us if you get what I am putting down.
Glad you got clean and sober. Just sucks that you lost someone that important to you to get to that point. Definitely not pleasant. Too much to say/type in here. Definitely a sit down over a Mt. Dew or 2. My 3 years is right around the corner and I get it man. Keep it up bro. Love the look of the car and the bigger meaning behind it. Keep us posted as usual and I will follow it just like the others.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like a great setup! You thinking IRS for the rear or solid axle? I loved that Maximum Motorsports tq arm setup for the solid axle. I assume this will be on par with your last build so maybe call Holley or your turbo provider and it can be in their booth at SEMA this year? That would be a excellent trophy to top off the build. If you need anything, I am just a phone call away

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Thanks for sharing the background story you did. Sad, uplifting, and inspiring at the same time. Good luck in turning her into what you aspire to. Based on previous performance I'm sure you'll hit it out of the park again especially starting with such a fine example from the jump. Be well man.
Sincerely appreciate this man thank you
Hopefully I can get to Woodward again this year. Friend of mine is going to rent a house this year. If so, we need to meet up. A lot of common themes between us if you get what I am putting down.
Glad you got clean and sober. Just sucks that you lost someone that important to you to get to that point. Definitely not pleasant. Too much to say/type in here. Definitely a sit down over a Mt. Dew or 2. My 3 years is right around the corner and I get it man. Keep it up bro. Love the look of the car and the bigger meaning behind it. Keep us posted as usual and I will follow it just like the others.
Bro I would absolutely love that! First round is on me. I enjoy nothing more than chatting about something positive stemming from anything negative. You can come hang out at the shop too :)
Sounds like a great setup! You thinking IRS for the rear or solid axle? I loved that Maximum Motorsports tq arm setup for the solid axle. I assume this will be on par with your last build so maybe call Holley or your turbo provider and it can be in their booth at SEMA this year? That would be a excellent trophy to top off the build. If you need anything, I am just a phone call away

Definitely going sra. This car is going to be more straight line oriented. I do have the same torque arm/panhard setup for it but yet to decide whether that will stay. And thank you Geoff. You’re a really good dude and I appreciate your friendship

BYEPOLR

Established Member
So as many of you know I change my mind like the weather changes here in Michigan. I decided I’m going to re-orient my thinking wheel wise around doing a 17/15. I’ll be doing beadlocks though. Please tell me out of spending the money on the new CCW beadlocks!!! Here’s a look at the car with s77’s. They’re nice but a little too....”mass production” for my taste
IMG_9504.JPG
IMG_9505.JPG
IMG_9506.JPG
IMG_9507.JPG

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Looks wicked but you’re gonna run in the back it looks like.

Beadlock classics would look sweet.

Yeah those are 28’s in the pics. I just took them off an 03 cobra we have in the garage and mocked them up. I’d run a 26 or 27 out back

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
You’re local to me op. If you make it out to woodward in this i definitely hope to see it. Beautiful ride already and I’m sure it will be wicked when you’re done.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
So as many of you know I change my mind like the weather changes here in Michigan. I decided I’m going to re-orient my thinking wheel wise around doing a 17/15. I’ll be doing beadlocks though. Please tell me out of spending the money on the new CCW beadlocks!!! Here’s a look at the car with s77’s. They’re nice but a little too....”mass production” for my taste View attachment 1619443View attachment 1619444View attachment 1619445View attachment 1619446

I love the welds! That model is less of the mass produced then the 71s and will be a TON easier to clean than the classics. I am actually rethinking the welds that I bought(only have the fronts so far) for those

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member

BYEPOLR

Established Member

I love the welds! That model is less of the mass produced then the 71s and will be a TON easier to clean than the classics. I am actually rethinking the welds that I bought(only have the fronts so far) for those

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app[/QUOTE]

Those are just place holder wheels. I just won’t feel right unless I build my own wheels. And that...is in the works right now :D

BYEPOLR

Established Member
I won’t tell you guys what wheels I’m going with until they arrive but I will tell you the plan.
Traditional axle length would pretty much necessitate a 10” rear wheel with the standard 6.5” backspace. That’s solid but not custom enough for what I’m after. So, I’ve decided to run a narrowed axle (2” on each side) and build a 15x10 with a 4.5” backspace. I don’t know if you realize how deep of a lip that’s going to create lol the combination of the lip, the beadlock, and the 17x4 skinny up front will make for a very nasty stance. I for one, cannot wait

Users who are viewing this thread