New Year...New Shade Of Grey. This Time It’s For Keeps

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
That’s outstanding! Will be a wild ride in that lightweight fox

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

JCDriller

Established Member
Surely it won’t make more than 907rwhp right?!

That’s a wrap for the night folks. This car took a pounding like a champ after getting the kinks worked out. Its exhausted and so am I. 922rwhp at 22ish pounds ain’t too bad

You ever feel like you can see the future??

I’m so happy for you Joe, this car is amazing!

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Thanks very much guys. I’m absolutely exhausted. Made the last hit at 2:30am and got home at 4. The car did very well considering we didn’t use the lockup (the Holley wasn’t liking something, that will be addressed later), and had spark blowout (likely due to back pressure creeping in).
900+ in such a light car will be plenty to handle on the street. We must have made 15 pulls last night and the car didn’t bat an eye. Tired but proud papa :)

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Congrats that is one mean fox. You’re brother would be proud, I’m sure he is smiling down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That means more than you know bro
Been off the forum for a minute but this was the best way to check in!
I really can’t wait to see it in person buddy.
And yes, as a Fox guy and knowing where this is coming from, it is my favorite build so far.
You knew it would test you and it did.
But you overcame the results are worth it.
Yes he would be proud!
-J

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Been off the forum for a minute but this was the best way to check in!
I really can’t wait to see it in person buddy.
And yes, as a Fox guy and knowing where this is coming from, it is my favorite build so far.
You knew it would test you and it did.
But you overcame the results are worth it.
Yes he would be proud!
-J
As you already know, your opinion carries significant weight here so I appreciate the feedback. Let me know when you’re ready to join the team so we can do more of these builds for the general public :D

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Any plans to go with a larger turbo so you can crack 1k?
Not any time real soon. It’s making around 1100 flywheel and that’s about as hard as I want to push a non sleeved block. The car will be PLENTY to handle as is. My plan for the rest of this year is just to fine tune what’s there and enjoy it

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Wanted to take the time to thank each and every one of you. Believe it or not I don’t make these threads to show off. I make them because you guys motivate me to work hard and be creative. I’m genuinely thankful for each of you and this community in general. If there’s ever anything I can do for any of you I truly hope you’ll reach out. I’m super blessed to have a decent skill set and above average vision. If I can pass that along I’m more than willing

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Joe, what a perfect number for that car. Plenty of power for the street and the track. Considering how clean the car is you don't want it to look too much like a race car and that is what it would take to make it any stronger than it is now. I am so impressed with the outcome and to know why you did it is makes it even better.
I am happy for you brother, as is everyone else that has been following this.

When you get a chance will you shoot me a pm with a price for the dash that holds the Holley screen?

BYEPOLR

Established Member
So today was literally the first chance I’ve had to shake the car down on the street. Let’s say this....we’ve got ourselves a handful. I’ve owned some fast cars in my life. This little coupe is just dumb. A LOT of suspension/chassis work needed to get this thing to compete with the GTR’s out there though. 50% throttle was all it could put to the street without hazing the Hoosiers

Users who are viewing this thread