New Year...New Shade Of Grey. This Time It’s For Keeps

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Welp...
IMG_1613.JPG
IMG_1615.JPG

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Let’s break the silence with a little update here. After further thought and discussions with some very brilliant minds at L&M, I decided to return to a 9.5:1 gen 1 shortblock. So I took my old block, Manley rods and pistons and added a new crank, ARP main studs and side bolts, clevite H series race bearings, and gapped my rings for 25 pounds of boost. One of the main reasons for keeping a GEN one block is that they utilize a much longer and larger diameter head stud. The GEN two and newer blocks use an 11 mm head stud versus a 12 mm head stud on the GEN one that extends all the way into the main webbing near the crankshaft. This will relieve a lot of stress on the cylinders and increase the likelihood of being able to safely run in the neighborhood of 1000 hp.
Will have everything back in the car tomorrow and ready to rock ‘n’ roll on the Dyno next week. With the livernois race heads and turbo cams...this thing will be an entirely new animal in comparison to what it would’ve been the first go around

PS decided to paint the block black to symbolize this motor being previously dead lol
#blackblocksmatter
IMG_1669.JPG
IMG_1670.JPG
IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread