New Year...New Shade Of Grey. This Time It’s For Keeps

BYEPOLR

Established Member

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Wow! First time I checked this thread. That car is clean! Brings back some good memories.

I think I could be happy with it just the way it sits in the first post!

BYEPOLR

Established Member
First things first....
IMG_9337.JPG

IMG_9338.JPG
IMG_9339.JPG
IMG_9340.JPG
IMG_9341.JPG
IMG_9342.JPG

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Looks sick! Use a silver metallic sharpie on the orange bulbs. It will be all clear then and they still light up orange.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
A 4.6 would be nice, but for a keeper, twin turbo aluminator 5.2XS. 580ish hp on motor alone plus some quick spoiling 60mm turbos and it would be insane( even on your build scale)! I will even send you some lightly used cobra front brakes soon if you want them

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A 4.6 would be nice, but for a keeper, twin turbo aluminator 5.2XS. 580ish hp on motor alone plus some quick spoiling 60mm turbos and it would be insane( even on your build scale)! I will even send you some lightly used cobra front brakes soon if you want them

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I second the motion!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, unfortunately 4.6 is now dated. Despite killer potential, I’m all for Coyote based. That’s where the future is going, finding older 4.6/modular parts won’t be as easy and there’s really no performance benefit besides the strength of the Teskid block.
Might not be good for the budget, but the 5.2XS is serialized and will hold value, plus hold 1000hp. Twin turbo, 5.2, Magnum trans street killer.
Love the wheels, just update the lights and add some CF.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
And Toyo makes a TQ drag radial in 16” that is thick on those 16x10s, just add mini tubs :)
-J

BYEPOLR

Established Member
You guys are all going to be so disappointed lol probably shouldn’t have done a thread for this one since it won’t meet the description of a “radical” build.

With that said I should give you a little background on why this car is important to me and why a notchback is literally THE only car of the....many I’ve had...that I have an emotional attachment to. And to go a step further; I’ve avoided owning one for 15 years now. In 2004 a lost my twin brother unexpectedly (and way too early) to a really senseless act of violence. I went off the deep end for over 12 years after I lost him. Addiction, mental health issues, generally giving up on life. In the process I was frankly, not a good human being. I stopped caring about myself and others. Long story short, I got clean and with the help of my faith, some great counseling, and what little family I had left. I turned my attention to using what I had been through to help others and am now in graduate school for clinical psychology.

Anyhow, back to the notch. My twin and I always shared a love for mustangs. Notchbacks in particular. The last car he had when he was killed was a 93 notch.
I stayed away from notches for the past 15 years because I just wasn’t ready for the flood of memories that came with owning one. I am now. I’m finally ready to have a car that brings me personal joy, therapy and yes, memories.

So what’s my plan? My plan is to go backwards in a time when everyone else is going forward. I’m going to build the car exactly as he would have back in 2004. I hinted that the wheels were an idea of the direction I was going because they were THE wheel for a premium notch back then. I specifically targeted a car with perfect black interior because I plan to leave it 100% alone (ok...Maybe a Holley screen) . Same with the body. No hoods, no carbon, no nothing. Just clean, classic, pure....notchback fox. As for the drivetrain, the same goes. I’m going to build a high end 4 bolt small block Ford and throw some serious boost at it, likely through an F1R/YSI/Single turbo. 700-900hp in this car is plenty to have a high 8 second cruiser. Ofcourse I’ll focus my attention on making the engine, underside etc spectacular. Same powder, polish, sanitary look you’d expect with any other build.
I want the car to look, sound, feel, heck even have that classic fox smell I remember from back when my best friend in the world was still around.

So yeah, that’s why this will be the car I keep forever. That’s why I’m not modernizing it. Maybe I tear it back down in two-three years. Maybe I leave it and enjoy it. Thanks for following along guys. Have an awesome day. I’m out to Mexico :D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First, so sorry for your loss. I can totally understand why you're shooting for a classic build with your notch, just the way it would have been been in the day. I hope you'll drive that gorgeous Mustang with a wide smile and a pleasant vision of your brother riding shotgun with you. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. :)

Users who are viewing this thread