New Windshield(pony?)

SilverNotch

Established Member
I know its not a performance mod or anything that most people care about till it breaks. This morning on the way to work an Elantra in front of me kicked up a rock put a quarter sized chip in my 01 cobra's windshield. I'm wondering if when I get my windshield replaced under my insurance will they have one with the pony on the top or am I pretty much s.o.l.?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I had to request it last summer whence cracked on my 01, but the glass company had one just like my OEM. Don't let them substitute if insurance is paying for it.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
What is your deductible? Seems like a waste to make an insurance claim. I know aftermarket glass won't have the pony. You have to pay extra for the OEM glass

SilverNotch

Established Member
In Florida you don't have to make a claim it's covered without deductible by law. I'm going to get my pony windshield. I was just thinking about what I'd do if my original cracked. I guess I should've knocked on wood. Lol

SilverNotch

Established Member
Rdp, why don't you like the the pony? We don't have much on these cars to show they're a mustang let alone a ford. Even the grill emblem 99% of the time is replaced with the cobra. I've almost thought about putting the pony back in the grill.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
So, you want the pony because it ensures other people know its a Mustang?

Anyone who's even the least bit interested in cars is going to know a Mustang. 94 to 04 are absolutely unmistakeable, and anyone who doesn't know its a Mustang sure as hell won't notice a pony on the windshield.

Also, no one should be replacing the running pony grill emblem with a Cobra unless you've got a ****ing Cobra!

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Rdp, why don't you like the the pony? We don't have much on these cars to show they're a mustang let alone a ford. Even the grill emblem 99% of the time is replaced with the cobra. I've almost thought about putting the pony back in the grill.

I don't have anything against the pony emblem, it's just a design feature I don't care for on the windshield, seems like an afterthought. I do have the Cobra on the front of mine, but I also have the Pony emblem somewhere as well. I wouldn't want a windshield with a Cobra emblem, just a plain windshield.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Wow Elscott! You feel very strongly about this pony emblem thing. Me personally I agree that you must have a cobra to add cobra emblems but, I like the subtle touches from the factory as well.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Ok, so Safelite is coming tomorrow and the first question they asked me is if my car had the pony. So, they do offer it and will be replacing it no charge. New windshield and new headlights to end my Christmas.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Wow Elscott! You feel very strongly about this pony emblem thing. Me personally I agree that you must have a cobra to add cobra emblems but, I like the subtle touches from the factory as well.

I didn't write it in a serious tone, but rereading it as such I didn't mean to come off so strong. Just to be clear, I insisted on the emblem windshield when mine got replaced.

Posted via Topify on Android

SilverNotch

Established Member
I watched the guy install it, what a pain to install. He said its one of the worst to install. That pony windshield is 500.00 verse non pony for 200.00

zPipes

Established Member
Lol, thats not true. I watched a guy do mine in less than ten minutes, and the price wasn't $500. Thats the place that did yours with a guy who doesnt know windshields very well or is still somewhat new, and also them raking the insurance company on money.

SilverNotch

Established Member
It's pretty involved both weatherstrips on the door have to be removed. The panels along side the roof have to be removed. The cowl panel and then you can start removing the windshield.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
It's pretty involved both weatherstrips on the door have to be removed. The panels along side the roof have to be removed. The cowl panel and then you can start removing the windshield.

Guy that did mine had to do all this also. He said "we are not responsible if the cowl panel breaks" LOL.

Took him probably and hour and a half but seemed like he was being careful not to break stuff.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Ok, so I was detailing my car and while I was waxing the roof there is now surface rust on the edge of the roof moldings. I think there was a sealant there and when the safelite tech removed them from the roof he missed it. There was never rust there before as I know every flaw on my car. I have to call Safelite on Monday to report it. Hopefully I don't have to argue with them about this to get it repaired.

Users who are viewing this thread