New Whipple Front Feed Questions

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I've been looking into the new Whipple kits recently based on a few things including ease of installation, clean packaging, etc. Not a ton of guys seem to be running them but the handful of threads here on them seem positive. I'm thinking of the tuner kit with the ID1000's I currently have coupled with a custom tune (likely AED). Car is a street car MT82 with mods to get ready for forced induction (RST clutch, carbon fiber driveshaft, 3.31 gears).

Questions:
-how are you liking it and how do you use your car (is street, drag, etc)
-is the upgraded throttle body needed on a stock block?
-any reason not to get the upgraded fans?

Lethal has them 10% with free shipping right now and strongly considering it.

Thanks in advance.

466roller

Established Member
I've installed a few of them on '15 cars and one on a '13. They are very nice kits for sure. The smaller T.B is definetly the bottleneck in the system though, I'd go for the eliptical and the fans if you could swing it. I'd do oil pump gears as well if you haven't already

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
I've installed a few of them on '15 cars and one on a '13. They are very nice kits for sure. The smaller T.B is definetly the bottleneck in the system though, I'd go for the eliptical and the fans if you could swing it. I'd do oil pump gears as well if you haven't already

Aby thing you like or don't like based on your install experiences?

466roller

Established Member
Nothing bad that I can think of about the kit itself. I'd like to see a little more length on the wiring between the fuse holders and relays, for location purposes. The kit has a very nice fit and finish as it should for the cost.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Nothing bad that I can think of about the kit itself. I'd like to see a little more length on the wiring between the fuse holders and relays, for location purposes. The kit has a very nice fit and finish as it should for the cost.

Thanks for the input!

Users who are viewing this thread