New Wheels & Tires for my 2013 Shelby GT500

USV8PWR

Established Member
So I have had these new wheels about a month in my garage while I sit and wait for my 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 to be built and delivered. LOL, they sit in a corner with the new Lloyd floormats and cargo mat, Red Line Tuning hood struts, Airaid oiless air filter, and the Ford Racing Resonator Delete I've already ordered and received. I plan to order one or two Bob's oil seperators this weekend from Revan Racing (thanks for the sale Van!).

Anyway, they are Carroll Shelby CS1 wheels in the machine face/black inside finish. I wanted every option on my car so I had no regrets later on but like a lot on here...I don't care much for the PP wheels. But those wheels and tires will remain happily in my garage (they are not for sale so don't ask). I thought these looked pretty sharp, they are authentic Shelby wheels, and the best part is I can run 255's up front and massive 315's in the rear! They are shod with Nitto Invo tires. I had the Nittos on my 2008 Corvette. And while they did not handle too great (softer sidewall with a lower speed rating of W), they provide great take off traction on the street. :burnout:

I will be putting them on as soon as I get the car...and those pics will hopefully come soon. In the mean time, what do you all think??

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Fordfourlife

Established Member
I am anxious to see them on the car! I am a fan of shiney wheels as well

I am thinking about these Shelby RZR wheels for mine. Decisions decisions.
shelby35.jpg

USV8PWR

Established Member
I am anxious to see them on the car! I am a fan of shiney wheels as well

I am thinking about these Shelby RZR wheels for mine. Decisions decisions.
shelby35.jpg

Those are pretty cool! I'm not a fan of chrome wheels anymore though. You said shiney, but mine are actually a pretty dull finish (machined face is even duller than say like polished aluminum). I just like this finish better than the PP's darker than gunmetal but not black finish.

USV8PWR

Established Member
Thanks you all! I'll get them posted as soon as the car arrives. It looks like it will be built in October. Hope to have the build date next week. :banana:

peteypab2133

Established Member
Thanks you all! I'll get them posted as soon as the car arrives. It looks like it will be built in October. Hope to have the build date next week. :banana:

Hopefully its not snowing when you get it!!

I prefer darker colored wheels like the PP, in fact I would love to get the base wheels and have them done in an anthracite or graphite color.

Looks like you have more mods than I do, and you dont even have a car :rolling:

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
How did you determine the 315's would fit? What wheel sizes? Any suspension mods planned?

USV8PWR

Established Member
How did you determine the 315's would fit? What wheel sizes? Any suspension mods planned?

There are no changes from the 11 to the 13 as far as the fit goes. The brakes, although somewhat changed, do not pose any issues. But, that's why I went with wheels from Carroll Shelby. They would not engineer that large a wheel (20 X 11 inch rear!) if it wouldn't fit our cars. HOWEVER, I probably won't be able to lower my car much if at all wearing the 315s which are recommended for the rear 11 inch wheel.

The fronts are 20x9 wheels with 255/35-20. The rears are 20x11 wheels with 315/35-20. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread