New Wheels on the Bullitt. 18" 2003 Chrome Cobra's

kcsburk

Established Member
Well, I opted for the more flashy 2003 Chrome Cobra Wheels as opposed to the wheel replica Bullits. They are 18x9 with 265/35/18 up front and 18x10.5 with 295/35/18 in the rear. Aside from the ride height what do you all think.

Here are a few pics, you can hit my site below for additional pics.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/447028

447028_27_full.jpg

447028_29_full.jpg

447028_32_full.jpg

447028_34_full.jpg

The only thing I dislike about the wheels so far is that they are heavy as hell. I weighed the stock wheels with bald tires at 42lbs. The new rear wheels with tires weighed in at 62lbs. I had a 4:10 gear installed the same day I put the wheels on and I am having a hard time feeling the gear. I think it is because of the extra 20 additonal pounds per wheel. A buddy of mine just bought the 17x10.5 bullitt wheels from Verde and without tire they only weighed 22lbs. I think my 18x10.5 Cobra wheels without tire weigh 31 lbs.

Last edited:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Looks sweet! :thumbsup: Your car makes me want to do a spoiler delete. Nice ride! :beer:

P.S.: What tires?

Last edited by a moderator:

eldiablo

Established Member
Originally posted by svt46sc
Looks sweet! :thumbsup: Your car makes me want to do a spoiler delete. Nice ride! :beer:

P.S.: What tires?

But you need the downforce!!!

drexebo

On a quest 4 an 03 cobra!
Established Member
Originally posted by eldiablo
But you need the downforce!!!
:sleeping: :bored: :bored: :bored: for what? to keep the rear wheels on the ground @ 150mph? btw, i want to have sex with your car... I'll pay money... no spoiler = :thumbsup:

Davechapelsvt

Established Member
that sucks they are heavier.. You do have the chrome ones i bet the non chrome are lighter.. could you fit a 325 on those rims?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I love those wheels, and they look great on your Bullitt. I want a set for my Cobra, but I don't want to add all that weight. They sure look good though.

kcsburk

Established Member
Let me tell you that the added weight really sucks. I need some Cobra power just to turn these big ol wheels. I was considering selling them just because of the weight issue, but I've been getting alot of compliments driving around town which is kinda of nice. So its in the air whether or not I will get rid of them or not.

Zgarske01

Established Member
looks great i have a pair of 03 cobra's as well on my black gt cant go wrong with them ! by the way what kind of springs do u have it sits really nice? any clearance issues with the longtubes?

SoCalStang

Established Member
That's a bad ass looking bullit :bowdown:

Hey kcsburk :
I noticed you have o/r h-pipe with flowmasters and bbk headers. What difference did you notice from just having flowmasters? Sound and performance.

Users who are viewing this thread