New wheels on My 86 SVO

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
I just installed a set of 17x8 43mm offset 18x9 35mm offset Motegi Traklite wheels with 245/40/17 and 275/35/18 BFG Pro-comp 2's on my 86' SVO.

The car has a full Maximum Motorsports K-Member kit with coil overs and a 03 Cobra IRS.
IMG_0784.jpg
IMG_0782.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking good.
In for pics of the entire car.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I agree more pics. SVO Mustangs were awesome cars, just ahead of there time.

I ran with one in my 66 GT-350 at Road America many years ago and it kept up with me on the front straight. Amazing cars!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice suspension setup. Gotta love those SVO Mustangs. Classics IMO. Can you post some pics showing the whole car in all its glory? :)

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
The car is still under construction right now, it will be a little while longer until it is back on the ground. I still need to mount the FMIC, run the new fuel system install the stand alone ECU and finish up some other odds and ends. I can post some older full body pics or one of it in its current "hover mode" state.

Here is another teaser pic.

IMG_0783.jpg

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Like I said on 4 eyed pride , the IRS is the best modifications you can make to a fox in my opinion.
As soon as I find another 01-04 it will be sleeping in my 84Gt.
Then I will have 2 of the best riding and handling foxes around these parts.
Only disadvantage if you want to call it that , is the extra weight in the rear , but I am pretty sure , it balances the weight bias to the good.
I know losing 80 pounds off the front of my Coupe ,with the 01Cobra swap and the IRS , certainly helped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread