New wheels and tire...and a problem!

bbeers

I just put these on the car (18x9.5 and 18x11 CCW's) and they are rubbing the tops of the fenders when I turn or hit a bump in the road. My car is lowered with Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks and Max Motorsports suspension. I know I can raise the rear of the car with a few turns of a wrench, but how about the front? Do I need to have new springs put in the car or is there another way raising the front end of the car?

Here are some photos so you can see how low it sits.

My car

Last edited by a moderator:

snakeyes

Established Member
If you decide you just can't stand it I would be glad to take those wheels off your hands. Your car looks amazing!

But seriously. Did you install the front springs with urethane isolators? If not these would gain you some extra clearance. Don't know the exact dimesions of your wheels but I knoe KevinJKD has these wheels with no issues. He also has 335 tires out back. Worst case scenario upgrade suspension to coil over setup so ride hight is infinitely adjustable.

Good Luck! Love the car. Wish tint was legal where I am from.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
BPU,
I have the same concern... My car is stock ride height and I run the same wheels with no prob.

Sounds like you're saying you have coil overs in the rear but not the front when you say adjust the rear with a wrench??

The fronts are my real concern as the tire seems to be in direct line with the inner lip of the front fender. I am running 265's in the front though so it saves some room, which I'm guessing you are running 275's?

If you have springs in the front then you need to change them out probably to coilovers.

Or CCW can resize the wheel for you to a 9" and change the offset and the problem will be solved. Chip said he could do they for me.

I may go that route over the winter when I lower it..

Keep us updated on what you do!

Thanks
Rog

bbeers

I am running 275's in the front and 295's in the rear. They are really wide tires. I like the stance and the wheels so I probably will not send the centers back to CCW (plus its a major pita) I guess I will have to call Max Motorsports and get the coilover for the front.

Users who are viewing this thread