New wheel options??

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone knows of new wheel options out there that I may not have found.

I'm shopping the normal suspects:

TF - super sport (but starting to go soft on it), 5 or 6 spoke in black
CCW - 5 or 6 spoke in black

Not liking much else. My "problem" is nothing makes me feel like "I gotta buy that now?" sort of feeling. Which you kinda like to have when dropping this type of coin on wheels.

Tucker

Check these out from TF, Decades.

I love'em
1006004_10151585880432155_879181042_n.jpg

1069250_10151585880437155_1558152915_n.jpg

935825_10151585880472155_1166312377_n.jpg

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
COR wheels or ADV.1(yes they had previous bad rap in the past but things have changed it seems)

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I know exactly how you feel, since I'm not thrilled with my SVTPP wheels but neither am I strongly inspired by anything else.

I like 2011-2013 GT500 base wheels. Trouble is, if I'm going to spend money on different wheels, I want something wider than stock. I'm considering Forgestar F-14s, in Gunmetal.

Slowponycar

Established Member
how much are wanting to spend? I got a set of G1AR Forgelines that I got from Van at Revan Racing. :rockon: Love em weigh about 21.5 lbs for a 19x11 vs 35+lbs that the stock ones weigh. Have had no issues driving on the street with these lightweight wheels, they are strong. The detail is amazing. Sorry my pics suck though lol.

photo_zps74c20747.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_zpsde7af30a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_zps4de5fcc4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

MikeHoncho

Who cares...
Established Member
I also got a set of Forgelines from Van. They are the DE3C. They are awesome, but I didn't get a chance to take any pics before I had to come back to work though.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Forge lines are sweet, but I'd have to sell a kidney for those. LoL

Hourigan218

Established Member
Also looking for wheels but would like a dish or concave look. Also wonder if going 20's or stick to the staggered wheels. Any help?

haVesoV777

Established Member
IMHO CCW and TF are both great brands which make beautiful wheels and by the looks of it, you're not going for the "new-gen" concave look and what not.. like another member mentioned, I'd check out HRE even though they cost a pretty penny. Maybe even BC Forged, they've got some BEAUTIFUL pieces.

Myfast70

Established Member
Can't go wrong with a set of CCW's. I'm pretty confident that will be the wheel I go with when I got tired of the PP wheels

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Yea the CCWs have some very light wheels, in the 21-23lb range at GT500 sizes.

I'm open to the design, I do prefer something a bit easier to clean than the SVTPP wheels, all those nooks and cranny's are tough and I get all anal about getting a wheel clean so I can't do sloppy clean-up. I do like the finsih and overall look of the stokers though, for a factory wheel they did a great job, I'd just like to get excited about a wheel and grab a set.

I loved the Chicanes I had on my '11 but the care of wheel was a bit much so I'm not excited about getting the same thing again although I do like the look.

I took a look at a Vossen that's a 5 spoke & concave & it looks pretty cool, especially when rolling like they show in their gallery.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea the CCWs have some very light wheels, in the 21-23lb range at GT500 sizes.

I'm open to the design, I do prefer something a bit easier to clean than the SVTPP wheels, all those nooks and cranny's are tough and I get all anal about getting a wheel clean so I can't do sloppy clean-up. I do like the finsih and overall look of the stokers though, for a factory wheel they did a great job, I'd just like to get excited about a wheel and grab a set.

I loved the Chicanes I had on my '11 but the care of wheel was a bit much so I'm not excited about getting the same thing again although I do like the look.

I took a look at a Vossen that's a 5 spoke & concave & it looks pretty cool, especially when rolling like they show in their gallery.
Subscribing.
BTW, I bought one of those microfiber gloves from Autozone specifically for cleaning the PP wheels, works good actually.
-J

USV8PWR

Established Member
Check these out from TF, Decades.

I love'em
1006004_10151585880432155_879181042_n.jpg

1069250_10151585880437155_1558152915_n.jpg

935825_10151585880472155_1166312377_n.jpg

These aren't my cup of tea. The first pic reminds me of an old 4x4 truck wheel/tire combo for some reason. But to each their own.

how much are wanting to spend? I got a set of G1AR Forgelines that I got from Van at Revan Racing. :rockon: Love em weigh about 21.5 lbs for a 19x11 vs 35+lbs that the stock ones weigh. Have had no issues driving on the street with these lightweight wheels, they are strong. The detail is amazing. Sorry my pics suck though lol.

photo_zps74c20747.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_zpsde7af30a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

photo_zps4de5fcc4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

These wheels are beautiful! Best of all, they look relatively stock. Nice job!

OP...they are not light by any means but checks out the CS1 Shelby's. I have them on my car and I get more compliments on the wheels than I do the car at shows. The ladies really like them, which is a huge plus in my book as well. Plus they have that sweet concave look. :rockon:

shelbysvt

Established Member
OP: I think my HRE p40 are the best wheel on a mustang I have seen short of another members ADV1s which I think were equally awesome.

If you want pics send me a PM. These are the type of wheels that make you "gotta have them". And if you have the coin the p40SC is even better, though I didn't think when I went to resell the car that any mustang buyer would pay close to what those wheels are worth so I went with p40 since usually 2k-4k seems to be the range of wheel costs for mustangs.

Stetler17

Established Member

Love these wheels. Gives a very open look similar to the beloved Alcoa's.

I almost went with TSW Interlogos that are similar in design, but they didn't pull off the look as well as these Forgelines. Well done...

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
I had the Forgestar F14s on my 2012. You don't have to sell your first born for a set of them :) . I was looking at Vossen before as well since I love the look of some of their wheels. My biggest problem with them (and others) was sizes available for the front. At 9 inches wide, I didn't want to go any SMALLER than stock on the front (9.5 inches), especially if I was going to go wider in the rear.

Crowley

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I had the Forgestar F14s on my 2012. You don't have to sell your first born for a set of them :) . I was looking at Vossen before as well since I love the look of some of their wheels. My biggest problem with them (and others) was sizes available for the front. At 9 inches wide, I didn't want to go any SMALLER than stock on the front (9.5 inches), especially if I was going to go wider in the rear.

Crowley

Yep, that's a problem, but nice look. I'd want to go 275 up front so ... I'm with ya.

Users who are viewing this thread