New VMP Stock-Look 2.5" Blower pulleys for ALL GT500 superchargers

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
vmp2.5sl.jpg

With so many GT500 supercharger options out there now, I thought it was time to make some updates to our supercharger pulley line. I took everything we learned over the past 6 years since the original VMP stock-look 2.65 came out. From material spec, to machining practices, to coatings used. This pulley is fully optimized to look good, fit good, and perform. New coatings allow us to maintain a great belt contact profile. Our experience making not just the pulley but complete superchargers as well gives us a unique perspective. I believe in only making parts that I would want on my own car. The flexibility of this pulley design allows it to be used again if you upgrade to a TVS down the road.

The old standby of the VMP 2.59 has worked great for several years now, but it's time to up the ante We've had experience tuning GT500s on everything from good FL 93 to marginal 91 octane, and even 90 octane in Alaska. There is no reason not to go smaller, you pick up a decent amount of HP and TQ with no heat, fuel system, or reliability issues.

The pulley is coated with a 1-2 mil thick two-stage paint process that improves belt contact and completely seals the metal from moisture to prevent rusting. A full blown paint is used instead of a blackening process that could allow rust to form.

Our new 2.5" pulley produces 13-14psi of boost on a stock 07-12 M122 supercharger. Here is a dynograph from a 2011 GT500 with this pulley, our tune, and an O/R pipe:

chris11gt5002.5orx.jpg

With stock cats:

michael11gt500sl2.5.jpg

We put a lot of work into designing this pulley so it will fit every Eaton style blower available for the GT500.

pulleyR&D.jpg

It fits the black stock 07-10 blower and the silver stock 11-12 blower.

It fits both versions of the Black FRPP TVS blower (now discontinued). Most people don't know this, but the first batch of black FRPP TVS blowers were made in Australia. They had a distinctive front cover design with protruding ribbing. These blowers have a tapered snout that will not allow certain pulley designs to fit. The VMP 2.5 pulley is clearanced to fit this blower style. Black FRPP TVS's made in the US during the end of the run have low profile ribbing on the front cover and a straight cut snout design, but the snout extends far up into the pulley so it has to be designed with additional room for the pulley to press on all the way.

frpptvs2.5.jpg

It fits the VMP TVS line of blowers.

It fits the 2013 TVS blower.

Expect 17psi when using this pulley on TVS's blowers on a 5.4L GT500 and 15-15.5psi when using it on a 2013 5.8L with a TVS. This pulley is great for 2013 owners that want just a little more than stock.

He is a shot of the shaft and snout concentricity being checked. Because the blower snout machining occurs in two different ops there is the possibility for them to be out by a few thousandths, the design has to take this into account.

checkingnosedrive.jpg

Every pulley is checked with a go/no go gauge to make sure it will press on smooth, there is more variance in the stock Eaton shaft diameter than there is in our pulley bores. The bore is masked during the painting process. A lubricant is not required when pressing the pulley on. Loctite may be used as a lubricant while pressing but is not required. We do not recommend anti-seize as it contains graphite.

gonogo.jpg

The best part is the new pricing, you can pick up a 2.5-SL for $149 by itself, or $199 with a VMP 90mm idler.

VMP 2.5" 3-4psi 'stock look' pulley fits stock or TVS blowers: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

VMP 2.5" 3-4psi 'stock look' pulley & 90MM Idler Package: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

2.5 pulley, 90mm idler, and VMP ultimate pulley tool which makes installation super easy only $299:

VMP Ultimate Pulley Tool with 2.5" supercharger pulley & 90MM idler: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

Most tunes will automatically adjust for the slight increase in airflow and boost.

If you have a 2.7 or 2.65 pulley now this is a great way to breathe some new life into your stock blower, expect 15-20hp and 15-20tq gain throughout the curve.

At this time we have discontinued the SS pulley option, if there is enough interest we can do a run of them.

Last edited:

lsp408

Established Member
Lol. I wish either you come out with this a week sooner or I order vmp tune and 2.59 pulley a week later...

Either way, I am still a happy customer.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
They use loctite shaft locker on the 2013 blowers from the factory, the pulley comes of much easier when the engine is hot, or its around 200F. I find it acts as a lubricant on the way on.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Curious as to why you discontinued the stainless steel pulley option?

phinhead34

Established Member
I should be hitting you guys up shortly for a tune. Waiting on some injectors and should be ready after that. What are your average numbers with o/r h, tb, 127mm cai, and 2.4 on 07-09s?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I asked this in the gt500 section. But is this a worth while upgrade on a tvs that already has a 2.59. Wpuld there be a gain with the new 2.5 over the 2.59?

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Is the 2.5" pulley a direct bolt on to the stock 2008 GT500 blower or will it require modification? Also, my car came with an aftermarket belt tensioner that wobbles back and forth, so I am thinking I should replace it. Is the 90mm idler enough to prevent belt slip and allow me to remove the tensioner?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Is the 2.5" pulley a direct bolt on to the stock 2008 GT500 blower or will it require modification? Also, my car came with an aftermarket belt tensioner that wobbles back and forth, so I am thinking I should replace it. Is the 90mm idler enough to prevent belt slip and allow me to remove the tensioner?

It's a direct bolt on. I would get rid of that, we can get you a 90mm idler, and a fresh belt. Drop me a PM.

Carl

Established Member
I received a 2.5 pulley that I was going to install on my 2013. Pulled off the original pulley and compared to the new one. The 2013 pulley is a lot different. Standing the 2 pulleys on a flat surface on the narrow end, as if you had them pushed onto the shaft, reveals the belt would be off by nearly a quarter of an inch. Am I missing something here? I have a 2.4 on the way that I ordered last week. Is that one the same design as the 2013 TVS pulley?

Also a couple of observations/suggestions on the pulley tool. The two small flat washers used between the large bolt and snout ahould be a higher grade. They pancaked pulling the pulley off. Had to replace them a couple of times. You should consider another size clamshell for the smaller pulleys.

In this picture the pulley on the far right is the stock 2013 pulley. To the left is the 2.5. Just does not look right to me.

DSC00066.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread