New VMP blower lid

Jamie R.

Established Member
Definitely looks good, well except for the shark on top lol. I’ve still not seen a pic of the underside of it which I’m curious what it looks like underneath. I’ve already got the lmt lid, otherwise I’d have been looking more into the vmp lid.

Jamie R.
20’ cftp gt500

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
not to mention the vmp lid is $800ish cheaper than the LMT.

I kinda feel like that cheapness comes with a price of about 15-20RWHP... Seems like PBD/LMTs lid is legit the shit. If you're going Max effort.. which is where these lids would matter.... Why skimp?

Jamie R.

Established Member
Would've been neat to have shown a underneath pic in the video but I did'nt notice that if a pic was shown. I can say the lmt underneath is awesome as I have one. I'm definitely curious as to how the 3100 rotor pack turns out as maybe some more cars get the rotor pack.

Jamie R.
20' cftp gt500

Tezz500

Established Member
Would've been neat to have shown a underneath pic in the video but I did'nt notice that if a pic was shown. I can say the lmt underneath is awesome as I have one. I'm definitely curious as to how the 3100 rotor pack turns out as maybe some more cars get the rotor pack.

Jamie R.
20' cftp gt500

It’s rough, unpolished and doesn’t have that aggressive curve like the PBD/LMT lid… I think if you’re going max effort you’ll wanna go LMT in my humble opinion…

Or.

Wait to see what comes from them 3100 Eaton rotors.

Jamie R.

Established Member
I have a Lmt lid and that thing is awesome looking. Would be interesting to see a side by side comparison of the 2 lids as to if their the same size or if the vmp lid is larger. The underneath V or ramp of the Lmt is very nice for diverting air to each bank, which is why I was curious to see a underneath pic of the vmp lid. I know vmp makes great products and I would’ve been looking hard at the vmp lid but I’d already purchased the Lmt maybe a couple months before vmp released their lid.

Jamie R.
20’ Cftp gt500

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m 90% sure just doing a 3.8 Whipple and using the stock blower on my ‘93 Cobra gen2 Coyote swap.
Win win. :)
I can understand all these mods to keep the stock blower but more value in the Whipple upgrade and selling stock parts.
-J

Tezz500

Established Member
I’m 90% sure just doing a 3.8 Whipple and using the stock blower on my ‘93 Cobra gen2 Coyote swap.
Win win. :)
I can understand all these mods to keep the stock blower but more value in the Whipple upgrade and selling stock parts.
-J

I have a feeling the 3100 Eaton rotors will prompt VMP to come out with something that doesn’t require lowering the engine.

I’d be interested to see the cost saving vs Whipple when it finally arrives.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
True. I spoke with the Eaton guys at PRI and saw the 3100 rotor pack. If that becomes a bolt on upgrade then yes it’ll be a hard decision vs Whipple 3.8 bolt on.
The x3100 pack flows 30% more than 2650 so the question is what does that translate to on the 5.2 Predator and what case and intercooler brick will maximize that flow.
-J
402F9CC5-FD31-4312-AEB2-3A5813DC8624.jpeg
955A1533-CEE1-4E97-ACC2-3832A6A497B2.jpeg

Tezz500

Established Member
True. I spoke with the Eaton guys at PRI and saw the 3100 rotor pack. If that becomes a bolt on upgrade then yes it’ll be a hard decision vs Whipple 3.8 bolt on.
The x3100 pack flows 30% more than 2650 so the question is what does that translate to on the 5.2 Predator and what case and intercooler brick will maximize that flow.
-JView attachment 1775283View attachment 1775284

Yup.

I get wanting to offer different upgrades and some may not want to go max effort blower swap, but I’m definitely holding off for the 3100 to see what results come from it.

Users who are viewing this thread