New Vehicle Prices...

quad

Established Member
I can say unequivocally and without a doubt, you're not utilizing your Trax for its intended purpose.
Yes it's carried heavier loads than a few trucks. Down the street lives a neighbor driving a big RAM truck. Biden voter - he had his sign in his yard - and I've argued with him about politics so I know he is a left leaning globalist. I have never seen him haul anything in the truck. It always just sits in his driveway.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
It’s insane. We’re still on the fence about which vehicle to trade on our ordered 22 F250 (of course through Nick). Values on my truck and her jeep are... solid lol. Cant pull the trigger on selling my truck because I tow every weekend. Im guessing we still have 4 months or so to decide lol. Gonna have to burn through 1k miles real quick on that new truck.

Our boat, which we were supposed to take delivery of in February, is finally in production and hope to god it’ll be ready mid May. The crappie are starting to bite and I’m hungry! Sold our old boat on FB marketplace in 10 days, in the middle of December in KS. Really kicking myself for that one right now...

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Just wait till lumber prices return to normal and someone tries to sell a house that cost $300K to build, but the market dictates that it now only costs $175K to build.... Housing bubble burst...The sequel!

I think that's going to take a long time to happen. We're so far behind on supply it's going to take awhile to catch up and for things to stabilize.

Where the bubble is really going to hurt is just what we're talking about here- cars. People paying ADM on gasoline cars are going to take a serious beating when they sell it a few years down the road. Houses hang onto their value and even appreciate as they get older, but cars are going to plummet as their mileage goes up, the market normalizes, and gasoline gets squeezed out by the government. I wonder if we'll see a "crisis" of sorts, when people are way underwater with their 72 month loans.

Shitty Kia? Their cars have improved a lot.

I picked up a fully loaded 2021 Kia Soul Turbo last year. It's great. Moves out. With a tune and exhaust it can apparently hit close to 300 FWHP. For a 2,100 lbs car. That's not bad.

It's got great interior features as well. Even a heads up display like the Corvette. It shows MPH and the speed limit on the road you're traveling and you can switch up what's shown. It's got wireless charging, CarPlay and Android, heated seats, heated steering wheel, large LED screen, sunroof, remote start, lane assist driving, adaptive cruise control, the list goes on. I can start the damn car from my iPhone! I did not drive it in the winter and still need to learn about all the features it has.

Only things I wish they added are wireless CarPlay support which is the newest thing and a powered rear hatch.

How Kia Got Good

But...it's not just a Kia, it's a Kia SOUL

kia-soul-hamsters-2.jpg

And I've had econoboxes. I'm so glad I don't need to play tetris wedging lumber or engines in them anymore.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I would get rid of my Shelby for a focus ST.

im starting to road trip way more... and sorry but less than 200 miles to the tank ain’t cutting it

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford EV sales up 262% in April, retail sales up 57.1%
  • Ford Motor (NYSE:F) reports U.S. sales up 64.8% to 197,813 vehicles in April.
  • Electrified vehicle sales expanded 262% to 11,172 units.
  • Truck sales grew 47.5% to 97,054 units, Car sales -20.9% to 10,376 units and SUVs +119.8% to 90,383 units.
  • Total retail sales +57.1%: Truck +33%, Cars -31.3% and SUV +127.2%.
  • F-Series retail sales were up 19.7% for the month, while beating April 2019 retail sales levels by 9.3%.
  • Mustang Mach-E sales totaled 1,951, F-150 PowerBoost sales totaled 3,365, while Escape electrified sales totaled 3,695 in April. E

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
I finally had to bite the bullet and get a new to me truck last week. I know that I paid at least a few thousand more than I would have pre rona, but it doesn't look like it will get better any time soon. This past Saturday I sold my 2003 Duramax with 272,000 for $8k which was good enough for me.

I think it is interesting that the Ram dealers still have stock down here. There is one next to a Chevy dealer and the Chevy dealer is getting close to an empty lot while the Ram dealer looks pretty normal. Not sure if they are able to keep up better or if the sales are slower. Seeing nearly empty dealer lots is crazy to me.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
I still think Nick's prices are the best, I'm going to use my trade in money he gave me to put down on my new ordered truck from him. So in theory I'll only be in about half the cost of the new truck. It's also my first time ordering a truck to my spec's and once I get the build info I'll probably watch it like a hawk even though I'm not expecting delivery till September.

Established Member
100%.

I keep finding myself asking whether it would be harder for a company to start producing the semiconductor chips out of the blue, or respirators...
The front end expense of building a chip manufacturing facility is incredible from what I'm told. And most of the chips made still wind up in China first to be put into the crap we buy, so we would make the chip competing against companies that don't have our labor or epa or other governmnet intervention and then be stuck sending it to china because we dont have the downstream manufacturing either. As to the chips going into auto, Im kind of surprised that we dont onshore them.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
I purchased my 2019 Ram Limited last year with 25 k miles on it. NADA is telling me for trade is is now worth $57k and it now has 55k miles....what the hell....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I purchased my 2019 Ram Limited last year with 25 k miles on it. NADA is telling me for trade is is now worth $57k and it now has 55k miles....what the hell....

I think you missed typing the part about how much you paid for it last year haha

I'm going to guess mid $40ks.

Also, NADA is high, but it would bring $50-51k retail.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
MTH is a big used pickup sales lot by me. They must be paying the going rate, because they are keeping the lot full.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
@13COBRA
If someone wanted to order a car, would dealerships still do that currently or try to locate one that is exact or close to spec no matter how far away?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA
If someone wanted to order a car, would dealerships still do that currently or try to locate one that is exact or close to spec no matter how far away?

I mean, I would try to locate one first...but the likelihood of that working out is slim. The dealer that has it will either not let it go, or want A LOT of extra money for it.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
my idea...all manufactures should sell direct, turn dealerships into service centers only. after spending 20years working in car dealerships im just a touch bitter. might not be able to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread