New Vehicle Prices...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Truth.

I ordered a new 2021 Dually last month for about 6% under invoice or 12% off MSRP.

Ram dealers seemed to be the only ones willing to deal---Catch is i will have to travel to pick up the truck once it arrives. Fine by me.. road trip home.

Gonna have any nice places to stop at on the road trip?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Is it mostly due to less supply or are there actually more buyers than usual compounding the problem? It'll be interesting to see if 3-4years down the road how underwater the people who are buying today will be.
Guarantee people will be upside down. When everything catches up. Currently most everything is over valued. Inflation is through the rough no matter what the media/government tells you.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
@13COBRA - I keep wanting to sell you my car since your mention of beating Carvana/Vroom, but I can't find anything worth replacing it with.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Gonna have any nice places to stop at on the road trip?

Im sure there will be. Leaving that up to the wife. Ill be bringing it down from WA so, if it's up to her, lots of staring at the ocean on the way home.

However, im not counting on anything until i actually see this darn truck. Im on week 5 of waiting right now and it's driving me absolutely nuts.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA - I keep wanting to sell you my car since your mention of beating Carvana/Vroom, but I can't find anything worth replacing it with.

I'm getting that a lot right now. A lot of the people selling me their vehicles right now are ordering.

It's crazy, in the last week I've purchased 15 off the street, 8 were sold to people on waiting lists, 4 were sold as soon as they hit online, and 3 are still here. Nuts.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'm glad I bought my 21 Challenger when I did. Dodge can barely produce sold orders, dealer lot inventory will be few and far between and not cheap.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Im sure there will be. Leaving that up to the wife. Ill be bringing it down from WA so, if it's up to her, lots of staring at the ocean on the way home.

However, im not counting on anything until i actually see this darn truck. Im on week 5 of waiting right now and it's driving me absolutely nuts.
Your gonna have beautiful drive down if you decide to take the OR/CA coast line drive. Gonna be well worth it to break in the new truck.

Ive never bought a vehicle to order so ive never had the privilege or curse depending how you see in on waiting for it to be built. Is yours currently being built? Or on the wait?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Your gonna have beautiful drive down if you decide to take the OR/CA coast line drive. Gonna be well worth it to break in the new truck.

Ive never bought a vehicle to order so ive never had the privilege or curse depending how you see in on waiting for it to be built. Is yours currently being built? Or on the wait?

This is new to me too. First time ordering a vehicle to my exact spec. Other than feeling like a kid on Christmas eve for a month straight, it's been awesome so far and no complaints. My truck is in what Ram calls "D1" status which means all the parts are gathered to build the truck and it has a firm scheduled date on which it will be built. It only takes a couple days to assemble the truck once all parts are collected.

It is actually scheduled to be built this week (so im told). Once that's done, figure about another 3 weeks to ship it. The factory that builds Ram's one ton trucks is down in Saltillo Mexico.

I ordered it on March 31st and at that time was told i could expect delivery in mid June. With everything i know so far, it looks like that will be the case.

Of course those times can change depending on options and stuff, so im expecting some delays as I built a nicely equipped truck.

Morgan

Established Member
@13COBRA - the white f250 on your site looks nice, still have it?

A bit of a gamble but I’m thinking I could jump in that truck, and wait for the raptor. Then, assuming supply/demand remain fairly equal to the current environment, sell the f250 for the same dollar, less monthly cost.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This is new to me too. First time ordering a vehicle to my exact spec. Other than feeling like a kid on Christmas eve for a month straight, it's been awesome so far and no complaints. My truck is in what Ram calls "D1" status which means all the parts are gathered to build the truck and it has a firm scheduled date on which it will be built. It only takes a couple days to assemble the truck once all parts are collected.

It is actually scheduled to be built this week (so im told). Once that's done, figure about another 3 weeks to ship it. The factory that builds Ram's one ton trucks is down in Saltillo Mexico.

I ordered it on March 31st and at that time was told i could expect delivery in mid June. With everything i know so far, it looks like that will be the case.

Of course those times can change depending on options and stuff, so im expecting some delays as I built a nicely equipped truck.
Congratulations, i bet it does feel like a kid on Christmas. Glad the experience at this point has been good. I hope the whole experience goes the way you hope and expect it does.

One day i will build to spec a vehicle. My past experience have been better deals with vehicles on the lot.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA - the white f250 on your site looks nice, still have it?

A bit of a gamble but I’m thinking I could jump in that truck, and wait for the raptor. Then, assuming supply/demand remain fairly equal to the current environment, sell the f250 for the same dollar, less monthly cost.

Man, 99 times out of 100 I would already have it set up and ready to roll.

Unfortunately, this is the 1 out of 100. That's my truck. It's not currently for sale until my replacement arrives, I'm sorry.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs

My wife and I just did this. Ordered a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door to our spec. Waited 7 weeks. They print out a window stick that says "Specially Built For Joe K....". They spelled my last name wrong!! lol. We were gonna get it framed and hang it in the garage anyway. Nonetheless, very rock star experience.

Congrats and enjoy the moment.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
One day i will build to spec a vehicle. My past experience have been better deals with vehicles on the lot.

Me too, 100%. Has always been the case on my end as well.

The 2016 Ram 2500 i bought 5 years ago i was able to get for about 8-9k off MSRP at a dealer 6 miles from my house. I was spoiled. Truck was very close to how i would have ordered it back then.

Now.. Im older, have a bit more coin, and want more creature comforts along with more capability. This truck is significantly more expensive and although im sure a better deal could be had, im happy with what's coming so we'll see!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife and I just did this. Ordered a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door to our spec. Waited 7 weeks. They print out a window stick that says "Specially Built For Joe K....". They spelled my last name wrong!! lol. We were gonna get it framed and hang it in the garage anyway. Nonetheless, very rock star experience.

Congrats and enjoy the moment.

Heck yeah!! Did you track your "build sheet" and window sticker on cryptostickers like a tweeker on a meth hunt? I sure as hell am LOL!! My build hasnt popped up yet, but hoping it hits this week.

My name will be on the window sticker also... yep very cool!

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I was shocked when I was at the Ford dealer this past weekend. Every F150 had a minimum $5k mark-up, same for F250s but their Limited's had a $15k mark up. I laughed and left until I realized it wasn't just them doing this. Crazy crazy times.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was shocked when I was at the Ford dealer this past weekend. Every F150 had a minimum $5k mark-up, same for F250s but their Limited's had a $15k mark up. I laughed and left until I realized it wasn't just them doing this. Crazy crazy times.

It is crazy.

If you take all of the Ford inventory available....and the last 90 days of average sales....

Every single Ford will be sold in the next 73 days.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Crazier numbers than that...my zone will actually be out in 24 days.

EDIT: 33.2 days.

Last edited:

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Heck yeah!! Did you track your "build sheet" and window sticker on cryptostickers like a tweeker on a meth hunt? I sure as hell am LOL!! My build hasnt popped up yet, but hoping it hits this week.

My name will be on the window sticker also... yep very cool!

no. I didn't realized that type of sorcery existed!!!

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
RAM dealers right now are the only ones with inventory.
Not by me. A good friend is a GM at a dodge/ram/jeep dealer and my cousin was interested in buying a new 2500. He told me to tell him to keep his truck because they can’t get anything and don’t know how long it would even take to order anything.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, car prices are INSANE!!!! So are the grocery prices. LOL o_O :confused: o_O
I actually mentioned it to a bunch of my buddies the other day.

Has anyone seen the prices on used '19 ZR1 Corvettes?!?!?
HOLY CRAP BALLS!!

Users who are viewing this thread