New Vehicle Prices...

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just wait till lumber prices return to normal and someone tries to sell a house that cost $300K to build, but the market dictates that it now only costs $175K to build.... Housing bubble burst...The sequel!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just wait till lumber prices return to normal and someone tries to sell a house that cost $300K to build, but the market dictates that it now only costs $175K to build.... Housing bubble burst...The sequel!

I think the lumber price will stabilize, but I do not foresee it returning to what it was a year ago.

quad

Established Member
8k+ msrp on a 6.2l super duty.

What time to be alive
That's Ford. Kia is not doing this. Which is one reason I have skipped buying or leasing a Ford the past couple of years. And Kia's cars are now very good. Their designs have improved a lot. They have all the tech. Performance has also gone up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's Ford. Kia is not doing this. Which is one reason I have skipped buying or leasing a Ford the past couple of years. And Kia's cars are now very good. Their designs have improved a lot. They have all the tech. Performance has also gone up.

Which Kia 1-ton are you buying?

quad

Established Member
One of the largest Ford dealers here, which usually has around 1600 new Fords in their inventory, is only showing around 90 in stock with very few F150s.

Everything is selling for MSRP or MSRP+ here, even on a shitty Kia
Shitty Kia? Their cars have improved a lot.

I picked up a fully loaded 2021 Kia Soul Turbo last year. It's great. Moves out. With a tune and exhaust it can apparently hit close to 300 FWHP. For a 2,100 lbs car. That's not bad.

It's got great interior features as well. Even a heads up display like the Corvette. It shows MPH and the speed limit on the road you're traveling and you can switch up what's shown. It's got wireless charging, CarPlay and Android, heated seats, heated steering wheel, large LED screen, sunroof, remote start, lane assist driving, adaptive cruise control, the list goes on. I can start the damn car from my iPhone! I did not drive it in the winter and still need to learn about all the features it has.

Only things I wish they added are wireless CarPlay support which is the newest thing and a powered rear hatch.

How Kia Got Good

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
Which Kia 1-ton are you buying?
If I am going to haul heavy shit I'll rent a truck. I see all these people driving in huge ass trucks and never utilize them. I've moved a large 8800 watt generator in my 2010 Soul. Last year I crammed my wife's little Chevy Trax full of wood fencing supplies and gravel.

Trucks have their place no doubt but most people don't utilize them for what they are intended.

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
If I am going to haul heavy shit I'll rent a truck. I see all these people driving in huge ass trucks and never utilize them. I've moved a large 8800 watt generator in my 2010 Soul. Last year I crammed my wife's little Chevy Trax full of wood fencing supplies and gravel.

Trucks have their place no doubt but most people don't utilize them for what they are intended.

View attachment 1701986
View attachment 1701987
View attachment 1701988

What in the what?? Come on, man.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

I picked up a fully loaded 2021 Kia Soul Turbo last year. It's great. Moves out. With a tune and exhaust it can apparently hit close to 300 FWHP. For a 2,100 lbs car. That's not bad.

It's got great interior features as well. Even a heads up display like the Corvette. It shows MPH and the speed limit on the road you're traveling and you can switch up what's shown. It's got wireless charging, CarPlay and Android, heated seats, heated steering wheel, large LED screen, sunroof, remote start, lane assist driving, adaptive cruise control, the list goes on. I can start the damn car from my iPhone! I did not drive it in the winter and still need to learn about all the features it has.

Only things I wish they added are wireless CarPlay support which is the newest thing and a powered rear hatch.

How Kia Got Good
You really caved to the globalists if you bought that fugly thing

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

How Kia Got Good

View attachment 1701986
View attachment 1701987
View attachment 1701988

Your man card has been removed

quad

Established Member
Your man card has been removed
Here's the thing. I don't need a big ass truck to look intimidating. I get out of my car and walk down the street and that is all that's needed. 6'-2" and 285 lbs right now without even trying. Meanwhile I see a lot of twinks getting out of big trucks.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

View attachment 1701986
View attachment 1701987
View attachment 1701988
That’s not fencing, it’s lattice.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Here's the thing. I don't need a big ass truck to look intimidating. I get out of my car and walk down the street and that is all that's needed. 6'-2" and 285 lbs right now without even trying. Meanwhile I see a lot of twinks getting out of big trucks.

That makes it even worse.

Who you trying to intimidate?

quad

Established Member
That’s not fencing, it’s lattice.
Haha you're right, but it can be used as a fence with the right structural frame! In my case I screwed it into an existing wood fence to keep our new beagle puppies from squeezing between the vertical slats in our wood fence. It was a quick fix. It also made the fence more sturdy, not that this was an issue because it already had 5x5 treated wood posts embedded in concrete footings.

It's close to 20 years old now. Down the road I am going to rip it all out and build a proper fence.

quad

Established Member
That makes it even worse.

Who you trying to intimidate?
Lol I'm just messing with you. Trucks are cool. Markups are not. But I am sure it is supply and demand that's driving that. I just found that Ford dealers don't really offer good deals as far as prices go. Maybe I have not looked hard enough.

Users who are viewing this thread