dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
IMAG0511.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

IMAG0509.jpg

First start up link...
302 Found

I got the drivability part of the tune finished. It runs and drives great now. It was super fat before I started playing with the tune a/f around 9.8 at idle and driving around. Now its around 14.5 or so at idle and about the same driving around and going a little fatter as I put more load on it. I couldn't get into boost because I bought the wrong size T-bolt clamp that goes on one of the charge pipes. Hopefully I can get some dyno time this week to finish up the tune.

Mike@TF

Established Member
what mm is a 4276? what ur motor setup, heads,cams,compression?

looks like it will be really laggy with the turbo and what looks like a fairly small down pipe for a turbo that size..

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
what mm is a 4276? what ur motor setup, heads,cams,compression?

looks like it will be really laggy with the turbo and what looks like a fairly small down pipe for a turbo that size..

Its a 76mm... I doubt it will be laggy at all. I already had a 76 on it before and it spooled super fast. I do have a TH400 with a 3500 stall so it isn't like a 6spd. The DP is a 3.5" and if it is too small and gives too much back pressure I'll put a 4" on it. Motor just a Teksid block forged bottom end around 10:1 compression running E85. Stock heads with valve job stainless valves, comp springs. 98 cobra cams.

Mike@TF

Established Member
ahhhhh ok so you have some compression behind it...should be good it looks bigger than a 76mm looks like a mid frame so i guess thats why....any reason you didnt go with a billet wheel 76mm instead of just a mid frame cast wheel 1? just curious lol..feel free to pm me we both in texas so we gotta rep the turbo cars lol

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
ahhhhh ok so you have some compression behind it...should be good it looks bigger than a 76mm looks like a mid frame so i guess thats why....any reason you didnt go with a billet wheel 76mm instead of just a mid frame cast wheel 1? just curious lol..feel free to pm me we both in texas so we gotta rep the turbo cars lol
It is a lot bigger them my other 76mm turbo. Yes it is a midframe. A billet wheel midframe Garrett/Precision GT4276 would cost a of money. I got this one used but freshly rebuilt for less then 1/2 of what it cost new. Plus this GT4276 will make more power then a billet wheel PT76GTS... This is also a T4 housing too.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For clarification there is actually no such thing as a Garrett 4276, they are called 4202 or 4202R, they all measure just under 74.8mm , very nice turbos.

MMR

Mark%20ol.jpg

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
For clarification there is actually no such thing as a Garrett 4276, they are called 4202 or 4202R, they all measure just under 74.8mm , very nice turbos.

MMR

Mark%20ol.jpg
It meaures 76mm... It's not a GT4202 do a search for Garrett GT4276 and you will see many of them.

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Nice snail, when do we get to see some numbers out of it?

As soon as I get some dyno time. I got to get all the little issues worked out first. I had a coolant issue yesterday. I think there was some air trapped causing it to over heat. For now I'm tuning it on the street. I got into boost one time yesterday around 12lbs and it felt pretty strong but the A/F was way too fat at around 9.9 on a gas meter running E85. I'm going to lean it out to around 11.5-12.0 then start turning it up.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
I got most of the tune cleaned up street tuning it. I've only turned it up to about 14lbs so far but it pulls very hard now and spools very quilckly... Hopefully soon I'll be able to get some dyno time to really tweak on the tune.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Took the car to the local 1/8th mile track Friday night just to get some more tuning done at full throttle and ran a new best pass of a 6.19@111 with a 1.37 60ft. on 16lbs of boost with a very fat A/F of 10.0... The car has a lot left in it for sure. I was also running on drag radials. Drove the car to the track ran some fast times then drove back home... Good times for a slow street car. ;)

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
It meaures 76mm... It's not a GT4202 do a search for Garrett GT4276 and you will see many of them.

If you look in any Garret catalog in the last 3 years you will find no such thing. Many other companies including the chinese knock - offs call them a GT4276 and precision turbo may also use the term GT4276 but our statement above is 100% correct - Garrett does not sell a turbo called a GT4276, you are welcome to call them and ask, we just want to make sure wrong information is not put out there, there is already plenty of that on the internet !

Page 63-66 of the 2011 catalog refers to them with the correct name of GT4202, they do not measure 76mm nor do they offer a 76mm.

Congrats on your times by the way!!

:beer:

Last edited:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
If you look in any Garret catalog in the last 3 years you will find no such thing. Many other companies including the chinese knock - offs call them a GT4276 and precision turbo may also use the term GT4276 but our statement above is 100% correct - Garrett does not sell a turbo called a GT4276, you are welcome to call them and ask, we just want to make sure wrong information is not put out there, there is already plenty of that on the internet !

Page 63-66 of the 2011 catalog refers to them with the correct name of GT4202, they do not measure 76mm nor do they offer a 76mm.

Congrats on your times by the way!!

:beer:
Well I've seen many of these Garrett so called GT4276's on the net and this one does messure 76mm. It was stamped GT4276 on the turbo.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Congrats on what would've been at least a high 9 second pass with so much left in it!

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
Congrats on what would've been at least a high 9 second pass with so much left in it!
High 9's? my car run a high 9 second pass when it ran 6.4's. That pass would have been around a 9.6x or so. I'm looking for it to go high 8's low 9's in a street car.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
High 9's? my car run a high 9 second pass when it ran 6.4's. That pass would have been around a 9.6x or so. I'm looking for it to go high 8's low 9's in a street car.

I know that's why I said at least. Let us know how it does next time out on kill!

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Nice! Ill be at gear Headz every now and then for the next week or two. My cars there getting a little tuning done, maybe I'll see your car there!

Users who are viewing this thread