New TT build

Dragu1a

Established Member
i'm crossing into the darkside and a lot of this turbo stuff is still very new to me.
currently acquiring parts, mostly done...few more things to get.

i bought hellion tt kit with 62mm precision turbos, so it's designed to run off stock manifolds/shorty headers. i have neither.

should i just look for a set of stock manifolds and maybe heat wrap them? i want to be able to make an easy 1000+ rwhp when set on kill mode....do stock manifolds flow well enough to support that? or would a set of headers be worth spending the extra money?

it's primarily a street car, occasional track time(nothing competitive, just some test & tune outings). still a 6spd, IRS car. it will be going on a professionally built and balanced teksid block with approx 10.7:1 pistons and e85.

D-MANN

Established Member
I’m not sure if anyone makes a shorty header anymore. Ford racing stopped years ago and last time I checked it was jba shorties as the only ones available. They are expensive. I believe if I recall correctly hellion doing a test and found no gains with headers on their system. Quick call to hellion would be in your interest. I have a single hellion and just ceramic coated the stock logs and called it done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

chada1208

Established Member
I have jba shorties on my tt 64mm cobra! If you can't get custom headers you will be fine with the stock headers!

stangfreak

Established Member
Hellion says the stock manifolds work. They may flow 1000rwhp. But id like to see the trap speed.

I was also told by a few members, the ones that used shorty headers instead of the oem headers, lost power. I think if your building a street beast, stock manifolds should work. If you are trying to squeeze out every little ounce of power and chasing a time, id get real headers. Just my opinion

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Send the stock manifolds to Extrude Hone to open them up a bit then ceramic coat them. Cast iron manifolds hold in the heat very well which is want you want for a turbo car. You want the exhaust as hot as possible when it gets to the turbo.

Ken

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I have my factory manifolds that came off my hellion kit if you need a set. $50 bucks and you pay shipping.

That hellion kit will support 1krwhp on a stick car just fine but good luck with the IRS and stick getting it to launch worth a crap lol.

Users who are viewing this thread