New Truck

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
After mulling it over for the last 5-years I finally pulled the trigger on a new GMC 2500HD Duramax AT4. It will be a 2022 and should be in late this year or early next year. Very excited and looking forward to tint, ceramic coating, clear bra and a mild lift and tires to start. Eventually I’ll get it tuned and exhaust/intake.

Specs:

- Summit White
- AT4 premium plus package
- AT4 preferred package
- Technology package
- Driver alert package 1 and 2
- Gooseneck/fifth wheel package
- Color matched fender flairs
- 20” wheels
- Dual alternators
- High idle switch
- Console vault
- All weather floor liners
- Uplifter switches
- Trailer tire pressure and temperature sensor

Recon

Established Member
Sounds like a nice truck. Where does it fall in line compared to the Denali models?

Pick your poison.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that's potentially a 7-8 month wait. Yeah, you're definitely a very patient man. Hopefully it will be everything you expect it to be. Great specs.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Sounds like a nice truck. Where does it fall in line compared to the Denali models?

Pick your poison.

The AT4 is as loaded as a Denali but has a couple inches higher suspension, better shocks and off-road skid plates. Basically, outside of rear DVD, they’re about the same.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Why such a hasty decision?

Not hasty at all, I have literally been looking at the GMC 2500 Duramax’s for 5-years. Had planned on picking one up from stock but with the chip shortage that’s impossible. So, ordered the exact truck I wanted as my others are paid off and I’m not in any hurry.

Kornilov

Established Member
200.gif

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So technically there is zero estimated date that can be given. Considering they are still trying to fill 2021 orders.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So technically there is zero estimated date that can be given. Considering they are still trying to fill 2021 orders.

Truth.

I special ordered a 2021 Ram 3500 in March and that ended up being about the latest one could order without FCA pulling crap like arbitrarily removing options and/or raising the price on 2021 orders. They are doing weird shit to guys that ordered a month or so after me and most haven’t been filled yet.

Strange times for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Truth.

I special ordered a 2021 Ram 3500 in March and that ended up being about the latest one could order without FCA pulling crap like arbitrarily removing options and/or raising the price on 2021 orders. They are doing weird shit to guys that ordered a month or so after me and most haven’t been filled yet.

Strange times for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That might be the case in other states, but in Michigan a huge amount of trucks (GM) that have been ordered for months but backlogged given the shortage have been released over the last month or so. I fully expect my truck to be in my hands by December.

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
The AT4 isn't lifted over other models in the 2500HD line, just the half ton is. I'm on my second AT4 2500HD currently. Went from black to summit white, and I'm very happy with it so far. I'm the Moderator on a FB AT4 group for the 2500's. 2020+ GMC AT4 Sierra HD 2500/3500 Owners, is the name of the group. Great info and tons of stuff on upgrades and mods.

NIXDSG

Established Member
I too just ordered a new truck, but a F250 Platinum. My 2020 Ram 1500 didn't have the tow capacity I need for new toy. They gave me more than I paid for it 17k miles ago.
New truck is 2022, 7.3, 4.30 gears, ...
Told me the order slots are opening up and thought it should be 3 to 4 months for delivery. I'm not that optimistic and assuming 6 months, we'll see.

NIXDSG

My94GT

Established Member
Crazy it’s going to take so long to fill the order. It must just be specific vehicles IE- mostly trucks as we ordered the wife a Benz GLS 450 in late May and it’ll be ready for pick up this week. wait time aside sounds like you’ll have a damn nice truck!

these wild prices being given for trucks has me tempted to dump my ram 1500 and go 2500 once it settles down.

My94GT

Established Member
May 17 we ordered the wife a GLC AMG 63, took a month to confirm the order. Still don't have a build date. Delays all around.
I wonder if it’s because it’s an AMG model. We were looking at GLS 580 but we were told there was already a wait list. Plus with my wife doing such limited driving I couldn’t justify to price difference between that and the optioned out 450

NIXDSG

Established Member
Likely, as I understand it the 4.0 liter v8 is hand built so likely a special build. The v6 version is not hand built. There's also covid shortages and end of model year. All that together creates a lot of opportunity for "no build slot".

Users who are viewing this thread