New Truck cost

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
But did you have to buy it from a Gay dealership? See lower right hand corner of label. :D :D :D

Well yea i did. Unfortunately I didn’t know at the time that GMC stood for Gay Man’s Chevy. After all the Ford guys started honking and blowing kisses my way I caught on. I took the sticker off and they stopped so Im good for now

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Well yea i did. Unfortunately I didn’t know at the time that GMC stood for Gay Man’s Chevy. After all the Ford guys started honking and blowing kisses my way I caught on. I took the sticker off and they stopped so Im good for now

BHAHAHAHAHA!!!

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
The new truck prices have really increased over the years, and I don't think salaries have followed the same curve.
My Dad and I used to kick tires all the time, and I remember back in 2010 you could buy a top trim F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Crew Cab 4x4 with diesel engine for $61,000.
Now that same vehicle is $91,000+, so a $30,000 increase in just 8 years.

Here are some current prices for new trucks in the area, albeit in Canadian dollars.
2j6a3hu.jpg

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The new truck prices have really increased over the years, and I don't think salaries have followed the same curve.
My Dad and I used to kick tires all the time, and I remember back in 2010 you could buy a top trim F-250 Super Duty King Ranch Crew Cab 4x4 with diesel engine for $61,000.
Now that same vehicle is $91,000+, so a $30,000 increase in just 8 years.

Here are some current prices for new trucks in the area, albeit in Canadian dollars.
View attachment 1534838

Doesn't help that the CAD is worth $.75 to the USD.

What was the conversion back in 2010? Closer to 1:1, right?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
What shocked me though is the midsized trucks are costing more than fullsize trucks.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Dude, the mystique over Toyota trucks is unreal. I work for a Toyota brand (Lexus) and while I absolutely believe Toyota makes a solid product, its not thousands above a typical vehicle solid. Unless the truck has a 22RE in it, its nothing special. Ive seen videos of the 22RE with LITERALLY almost half the block cracked off and its STILL running....

Because average age and father time does that lmao

Nice truck snake! ..... so when is the TVS kit shipping? :D

I recently bought a 2001 Excursion V10 4x4. Has some rust underneath, but nothing structural. 131K miles with documented Ford dealer maintenance (Carfax). Bought for $5000 cash.

Im eyeing a future purchase of a 1st gen Super Duty RCLB V10 4x4 for similar or less money to pull a 5th wheel. I expect by then, Ill find it for the same or less than the Excursion. For me and my needs, its hard to justify new.

When we gonna get the Hilux??

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I don't think we will. Hell, Toyota has been dragging their feet bringing a 3/4 ton to market. I get the feeling they are happy with their market segment.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I really want a Tundra, but damn do they bring the pain with pricing and packages. The TRD Pro has been on my wish list for years.

Dusten

Established Member
Another reason prices are so high is because people keep paying it.

In 1995 a fully loaded Chevy Silverado 4x4 extended cab, shortbed went for $25,900.
Did that fully loaded truck have nav? 4 wheel disc? Heated/cooled seats? Blu ray? Collision avoidance?

You can't compare prices unless you're comparing equal trim.

That 25900 truck is over 40k un todays dollars

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
Thank Woodrow Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

And his pae-sewer friends. They ran quite the muck. You think the known families are deep dealing... these guys own the Chicago railroad Corp that owns the fed. Funny how that works out.

why would I do that? everybody knows this about you already.

So you’re saying you don’t have a mouth to say you’re own facts? I’ll wait. Look up as many as you’d like.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
If you aren’t good at the game, you fall behind. The middle class is eroding. This debt based economy isn’t doing very well now that it’s at a danger zone. It works when debt is used to spur growth, not when growth is used to pay debt down from 100% or yearly income... can’t grow something that is already dead.

Sell all the apples you’d like for $1000. If in effect the dollars buying them are worth $997, you lose.

Back to trucks, the black $35k 2018 f150 5.0 10a was a great buy. Congrats to that guy.

My work truck was $32k in 1998. Well done. If 20 years later you are getting that much more truck, for the same money basically, you are waaaaay ahead on it

96 cobra

Established Member
It's just a mid-sized, but there's still new 4x4 tacomas around $26.9k MSRP, not too bad considering their resale value.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
so what you're saying is you were naturally attracted to it?

Users who are viewing this thread