• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

New Truck cost

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by KingBlack, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Blk04L

Blk04L SvT Addict Premium Member Established Member

I haven't really noticed a huge difference in cost between a new truck with incentives and an used truck with under 36k miles.
    At least around here.

Maybe you save 3-5k, but then you are getting a truck that is soon to be out of warranty and you have no clue if the original owner took care of it or drove it like a rental.

Add in some times manufacturers will add in 0%-1.99% financing to move units.

FJohnny likes this.
  2. IronSnake

IronSnake Permanently apathetic Established Member

I sold my 93' coupe and just bought a brand new F150. Truck stickered at 47k. I got it for mid 30's. 2018 F150 XLT 302a 5.0 10 speed. Have Sync, heated seats, console, center shift, black interior w/ carbon fiber/chrome accents etc.

Not sure when mid 30's became "Ridiculous" to pay for a truck. I usually finance at the 72-75 range. Rates are still good at that term, and it's not a decade long process to pay it off.

upload_2018-12-10_10-34-3.png

3. Coiled03

Coiled03 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Nice lookin truck!

IronSnake likes this.
  4. Blk04L

Blk04L SvT Addict Premium Member Established Member

Pretty much. You don't need a Limited/KR or other fancy truck, but some want it and then turn around and complain about cost.
    You can get XLTs/bighorns/LTs with good rebates for a good price and still have a nice new truck.

Looks good on 35's.

IronSnake likes this.
  5. 1 Alibi 2

1 Alibi 2 If not today, when ?????? Established Member

The 17 cost me less than my last 2 cars,............& I bought it for what I sold the 11 for..
    640-X.jpg
    Track-rubber-010.jpg

6. CompOrange04

CompOrange04 Just livin the dream... Established Member

I'm right there with you! I want a 2018 rcsb 4x4 with the 5.0 and auto and they are almost $40k and that is the XL with the sport package. XLT's are easily a few thousand more! I am just going to wait another year and finish paying off the jeep and try to find a used one for probably $10k less. I'm sure some older man will have one they will want to part with.

7. IronSnake

They have 6k in rebates on that XLT truck you want.

8. KingBlack

KingBlack most liked on svtp Established Member

wow, that sold fast. dang, i hate that you let it go. I had a stranger contact me about my '87 T top GT the other day and asked if I was willing to part with it. I think I will hang on to both of my fox bodies for now, as they seem to be going up in value.

Nice truck btw

IronSnake likes this.
  9. 2000GTSTANG

2000GTSTANG Well-Known Member Established Member

Ive been looking at used 2011-2014 F-150s lately and have a hard time paying $20k or close to for something with 100k miles on it. I want something closer to 50k miles or less and those are about $30k.

10. lexustech48

lexustech48 I <3 Ford Premium Member Established Member

Dude, the mystique over Toyota trucks is unreal. I work for a Toyota brand (Lexus) and while I absolutely believe Toyota makes a solid product, its not thousands above a typical vehicle solid. Unless the truck has a 22RE in it, its nothing special. Ive seen videos of the 22RE with LITERALLY almost half the block cracked off and its STILL running....

Because average age and father time does that lmao

Nice truck snake! ..... so when is the TVS kit shipping? :D

I recently bought a 2001 Excursion V10 4x4. Has some rust underneath, but nothing structural. 131K miles with documented Ford dealer maintenance (Carfax). Bought for $5000 cash.

Im eyeing a future purchase of a 1st gen Super Duty RCLB V10 4x4 for similar or less money to pull a 5th wheel. I expect by then, Ill find it for the same or less than the Excursion. For me and my needs, its hard to justify new.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    IronSnake likes this.
  11. FJohnny

FJohnny Well-Known Member Established Member

If everyone buys used, no new trucks sell. Pretty soon all the vehicles out there look old and crappy. They call that place 'Cuba'.

Kudos to Iron Snake for buying new. Someone has to so everyone else can buy used. How do you put a value on new car smell?

My94GT and IronSnake like this.
  12. Zemedici

Zemedici Well-Known Member Established Member

Depends on your industry and the success I guess.

We just bought 3 new Trucks - 2 2018 Transit Connects and 1 F350.

Financed them all to build the company credit. Just gotta make enough to pay the note. Its still business.

And I've mentioned it before...I saved almost 30k buying my truck used....stickered for 65k, bought used with <35k miles for 38....

I would NOT buy used to save 3-5k. I would DEFINITELY buy used to save 20k+....

13. VRYALT3R3D

VRYALT3R3D Well-Known Member Established Member

I am looking at purchasing a diesel truck new and the prices are a lot more than I expected. A base Ram 2500 was $60K cad with nearly $13k in discounts. The Ford F250 was slightly more.

Zemedici and My94GT like this.
  14. IronSnake

Financing on anything over a year old or 10k+ miles sucks.

I could've bought this same truck for low 30's. But for all I know, it's a lemon, been put through hell, or somethings seriously wrong with it. At that new and that low of miles on a used lot already, i'm weary. But I don't care for the big grill on the 15-17's. I don't want a 2011-2014 as I don't like the interior. The 18' was such a step up in styling exterior, interior, and powertrain/body wise, I have said that I was waiting for Ford to build a truck like this. The only next best thing would've been the 5.0 with hybrid. If it got 30+ mpg I don't think I'd ever sell it.

Right now, managing 18mpg + at only 650 miles on it. Should creep up.

Zemedici likes this.
  15. jeffh81

jeffh81 Trailer Trash Established Member

16. Zemedici

Zemedici Well-Known Member Established Member

oh I will absolutely agree that the interest rate sucks.

However I keep shit a year or two, with decent down payments (So I wont be upside down), and just sell it for payoff and into something else. So I truly don't really give a shit about the interest rate as I'm only paying 12-18 payments.

And my brodozer gets 9-11 mpg now lololol

17. SVTdreamin04

SVTdreamin04 What's a "Termi"??? Premium Member Established Member

I don't have the stomach for buying another new truck. I bought my Cummins ST back in 2012 because everyone said I was too picky to buy used and the wife said to buy a new one. I threw down 12,000 cash on the deal, and financed the rest.

I made her drive it home from the dealership, and I drove the 06 Fusion home. She drove it for a week or so. I didn't tell anyone about it for about a week. Don't ask me why, I just felt so sick about the deal, and I got a good deal on it. I could totally afford it, I was just raised to never buy new... and I bought a new truck.

The wife eventually made me drive it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zemedici likes this.
  18. jeffh81

jeffh81 Trailer Trash Established Member

I like buying the basic ones since I use it as a truck and when it gets scratched it adds character and when it dents well thats what i got for crossing Chuck Norris. If i want a new truck i go to the local dealer and get a quote on what i think i want and when they add it up to 200-400 more than what Im currently paying I leave and continue to count the bucks Im saving versus Joe Blow paying too much.

19. lexustech48

lexustech48 I <3 Ford Premium Member Established Member

But did you have to buy it from a Gay dealership? See lower right hand corner of label. :D :D :D

20. rborden

rborden Well-Known Member Established Member

Reliability factor I believe. However, the newer tacomas leave much to be desired. Lots of rear end and transmission problems.

Would love to have a 2010-2015 but used prices are nuts. I'd almost be better off buying a brand new one sans the current issues.