New to SVTP Forums! Check out my ride!

icd_rob

Sonic Blue PGT
Established Member
Hey guys, I've been a lurker here for a while, reading posts and checking out photos. I never got around to making an account until now. I've been a Mustang fan ever since I was a little kid with dreams of an 03/04 Sonic Blue Cobra sometime in my future. Anyways, I thought I'd share with you guys my car.

1994 Probe GT (5 spd)
Bought with 69k miles in 2006, now has 110k.
Shaved handles, locks, antenna, emblems, door dings
Spal Door Poppers
Full black interior
Borla Catback Exhaust
2.5" High-Flow Cat
ZE Intake Manifold
Mazda Powdercoated Valve Cover
CAI
Tokico Blues Struts
Tokico Strut Mounts
B&G Lowering Springs
Clear Corners
18" MSR Rims w/chrome lip

...and the unique part is, I've repainted it Sonic Blue with a black roof and mirrors, one of my favorite car colors of all time. :rockon: Some don't appreciate Ford Probes, some do. I love the car and that's what matters. I think it is a timeless design and it looks like a new car as it is 16 years old! :)

IMG_2819.gif

IMG_2820.gif

IMG_2826.gif

IMG_2928.gif

IMG_2932.gif

pgt3.gif

pgt4.gif

100_0401.gif

100_0400.gif

What do you guys think? Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
theres this guy with a probe gt with a fart pipe who rips past our shop every damn day, he sure can wind out 1st gear Ill tell ya what.

any way... clean car.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Looks great. The probe would have been a near perfect car if it was rwd. Nice car and loved the shaved look. Welcome to the forum.

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys!

The motor is the 2.5l v6.

Shit those things scream for no more than they are. Dude I work with had a mazda with that motor in it and he put dual exhaust on it LOL. I was givin him shit about the car all the time, until one day we were on the highway and he lit into it right beside me. I downshifted and was like "man I'm gonna embarrass him" but it actually took me most of 3rd to reel him in LOL. I'm not proud of that but it happened.

lrall

Established Member
I have been thinking about trying to get a probe. You cant find them for sale anymore really. What kind of gas mileage do you get?

icd_rob

Sonic Blue PGT
Established Member
Shit those things scream for no more than they are. Dude I work with had a mazda with that motor in it and he put dual exhaust on it LOL. I was givin him shit about the car all the time, until one day we were on the highway and he lit into it right beside me. I downshifted and was like "man I'm gonna embarrass him" but it actually took me most of 3rd to reel him in LOL. I'm not proud of that but it happened.

hahaha Yeah the Mazda Mx-6 has the same motor. They take pretty much 100% the same parts and modifications. They are fun zippy cars for sure, I have yet to get track times for my probe but they normally do mid 15 quarter mile bone stock. I just have basic bolt ons so I'm not sure what I'd run, probably around that time. My buddy has a sick Mx-6 that is fully turbo charged, same 2.5l v6 motor as my probe, just a lil turbo. Here's a quick pic for reference! This mx6 ran a 12.6 quarter mile.

colinmx63.jpg

colinmx61.jpg

colinmx62.jpg

icd_rob

Sonic Blue PGT
Established Member
I have been thinking about trying to get a probe. You cant find them for sale anymore really. What kind of gas mileage do you get?

Yeah you can't find a probe gt anymore that hasn't been molested. I don't see many very often but you can find some on the Probetalk forums or on craigslist after hard looking.. lol. I get like 20-22 mpg city, which is a bummer sometimes but oh well. About 30 mpg highway. If you're looking into getting one, get a 5 speed, the ATX tranny's suck balls, even as a daily driver!

icd_rob

Sonic Blue PGT
Established Member
that is one of the cleaner probes ive seen. you should do a 347 stroker with twin hellion kits and nitrous

hahaha. There is a guy on the Probetalk forums I'm on, he has a 2003 SVT Cobra 4.6L S/C V8, Tremec T-56 6-Speed Transmission, and complete wiring harness with ecu. He's planning to put this into his probe. His father is a hotrod guru around the area he lives in. He's not planning to do the swap til this Summer.

Although, there has been countless motor swaps with Supra motors and the most common, ZE motor. The ZE motor is basically the same as the stock DE motor from the probe, but it has 199hp compared to 164hp with higher compression. These are found in the japanese probe gt's, jdm yo.

icd_rob

Sonic Blue PGT
Established Member
what part of indy you from? clean probe btw

I'm actually from Fort Wayne, Indiana. The sticker on the quarter windows is like a small car club, we are based all through Indiana, but mainly Fort Wayne and Indianapolis based. We have people that travel from IL, OH, MI, KY, STL to come to our meets during May.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Clean car. I was just in Ft. Wayne a couple weeks agao to pick up a new truck.

I'm actually from Fort Wayne, Indiana. The sticker on the quarter windows is like a small car club, we are based all through Indiana, but mainly Fort Wayne and Indianapolis based. We have people that travel from IL, OH, MI, KY, STL to come to our meets during May.

Users who are viewing this thread