New to SoCal

Babbit

Established Member
Hey everyone. Just got out here a couple of weeks ago from NJ. I am in El Cajon. Just wanted to say whats up. I do have a question: where do you guys get 92 octane at, those of you who use it. All i can seem to find is 91,, which shouldnt make a huge difference,, but just wondering.

TDS-03

Established Member
Originally posted by Babbit
Hey everyone. Just got out here a couple of weeks ago from NJ. I am in El Cajon. Just wanted to say whats up. I do have a question: where do you guys get 92 octane at, those of you who use it. All i can seem to find is 91,, which shouldnt make a huge difference,, but just wondering.

92 is hard to come by down here at most places, I guess they figure why give you the good stuff when they can charge you just as much as they want anyway. Might try some of the 76 stations. Good Luck, post back if you find a good one.

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
sorry, no where in Ca has 92. If the pump says they do, the 91 sticker peeled off. The worst part is the 91 is so oxygenated that it acts more like 89 or 90. Btw, welcome to So. Cal. :)

Pyro

Established Member
You could try Unical...I know of some stations that sells 100 octane and you can just blend it in. Sometimes I use 91 and 100 at 50/50 or less. The problem is that the 100 octane runs 4.99/gal :eek:

You could always use 10 gals. of 91 octane and combine with 2 gals or so with 100 octane. There's a blending chart on the Unical site but I forgot the address...just google it.

Good luck and welcome to Disneyland!!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
welcome! like pyro's chart says above, 76 sells 100. they have a station locator on their site where you can find "racing fuel".

Babbit

Established Member
thanks for the info and the welcomes guys. my old 5.0 runs pretty good on the 91 so far. i dont think i will be using the 100. too expensive for me.
i am lovin san diego so far. i didnt realize this was mustang country. every 5th car is a stang of some kind. jersey represents mustangs pretty well, but not like out here. i havent seen any terminators on the roads though. actually i did see one at the El Cajon classic cruise on wed. night. anyway, talk to you guys later.

TDS-03

Established Member
Originally posted by Babbit
thanks for the info and the welcomes guys. my old 5.0 runs pretty good on the 91 so far. i dont think i will be using the 100. too expensive for me.
i am lovin san diego so far. i didnt realize this was mustang country. every 5th car is a stang of some kind. jersey represents mustangs pretty well, but not like out here. i havent seen any terminators on the roads though. actually i did see one at the El Cajon classic cruise on wed. night. anyway, talk to you guys later.

You should join us for the dyno day next month, lots of stangs already signed up. Check it out at http://dynoperformance.com/dynoday.php

Users who are viewing this thread