New to F150s

phils04gt

Established Member
This will be my first truck purchase as I have always been a car guy. I have been keeping my eye out for F150s and recently saw this 2016 xlt supercrew with 55k miles for around 29k.

Should I keep looking are attempt to get for a lower price? Was also looking at explorer sports but kind of like the idea of a truck.

Pre-Owned 2016 Ford F-150 XLT 4WD 4D SuperCrew

52merc

Established Member
An Explorer is nothing like a F150. If you want a truck, or need a truck, you have to buy a truck. In my mind, an Explorer is just another SUV that offers limited versatility. Keep in mind, the F150 is big compared to a car. Have you driven one? Parking one is not like parking a car. Do you garage your car? My F150 won't even fit in my garage unless I move my toolboxes.

I can't comment on the price since I'm far away from that market.

phils04gt

Established Member
I measured the garage today and it's about 24 feet deep so i think I have the room to garage it. I had a 2015 f150 as a work truck but was used to transport k9 and was filled with work supplies.

I guess a truck came to mind as its 4 wheel drive for winter, 4 door so plenty of room to fit newborn's car seat, and I lost count as to how many times i needed a truck this past summer.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I measured the garage today and it's about 24 feet deep so i think I have the room to garage it. I had a 2015 f150 as a work truck but was used to transport k9 and was filled with work supplies.

I guess a truck came to mind as its 4 wheel drive for winter, 4 door so plenty of room to fit newborn's car seat, and I lost count as to how many times i needed a truck this past summer.

I love my 2017 SCrew FX-4. Paid about $40K for it new this past January. I think it stickered for $50K.

I mean I really love it. I don't know if that is a good price with 55K on the clock for the one you posted. I probably wouldn't pay that just because , even if it is "worth that". I'd buy a new 2018 in a month or two. There will be some good year end discounts.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Nope not for the mileage. FWIW I paid 31.5K for my XLT 302A FX4 SCREW in August of this year 2015 with 22k miles. Deals can probably be had on 2018’s @13COBRA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can expect to buy a new 18 for $10k off MSRP ($12-13K if you count the stupid "discount packages).

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

52merc

Established Member
Don't take my earlier post as being negative. I've always had a pick-up in the driveway or garage.
My first was a MY68 F100 with a 300 CID 6 cylinder, 3-in-the-tree, and no options except 16" wheels (oversized for the day). My next was a MY52 Mercury M1 with a flathead V8, HD three-on-the floor, and short box. My next was a MY05 SproTrac Adrenalin, which I sold to buy the MY16 F150 Lariat FX4.

I bought it off the lot for CAD 18K off the MSRP. This baby is loaded with everything except ACC. Its a great ride and is my DD.

Ramairgt1

ST 'D
Established Member
New XLT's are 15k+ off in this area.
I paid 40k for my used '18 Lariat with 3k miles back in October.
Like mentioned above, there are deals out there.

phils04gt

Established Member
I have been looking at 18 XL STX trucks that sticker for 41-43 and they only have standard rebates in my area but with my Z plan the price drops down to 33k, and that's for the truck that stickers for 41k, so 8k off with rebates and Z plan.

CompOrange04

Just livin the dream...
Established Member
I have been looking at '18 F150 single cab short bed 4x4 but it's dumb the rebates are only a few thousand in my area. I am having a hard time justifying almost $40k for a single cab truck

Users who are viewing this thread