New to F-150 market, suggestions welcome

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
2019 F-150 Special Edition Appearance Package with the 20” wheels, FX4, 5.0 V8. Planning on doing a intake, 2” leveling kit, and tires. Just unsure how tall I can go with a 2” leveling kit over the stock 275/55/20 with out rubbing. Any suggestions to some mild mods and upgrades please let me know!

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
2019 F-150 Special Edition Appearance Package with the 20” wheels, FX4, 5.0 V8. Planning on doing a intake, 2” leveling kit, and tires. Just unsure how tall I can go with a 2” leveling kit over the stock 275/55/20 with out rubbing. Any suggestions to some mild mods and upgrades please let me know!

Welcome post pics please. Just got mine leveled yesterday 2015 FX4 5.0. After much research I went with Billstein 5100 set at 2.1 instead if he hockey spacers. I have stock tires for now. I probably won’t upgrade those till next fall still plenty of tread on them. With a 2” level from what I’ve researched you can go 34’s unsure of 35’s without modification especially with the crash bar in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnakeBite4487

Been Bite Lately?
Established Member
Never gave them a thought. Will def check into them! Do you feel it’s a waste to have the FX4 to then replace them?

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Never gave them a thought. Will def check into them! Do you feel it’s a waste to have the FX4 to then replace them?

No, from what I gathered the FX4 was dropped as a package on 15 and up it’s just skid plates. The rear shocks for 26k miles on my FX4 were soft and spongy it took barely any effort to compress them on the ground when I removed them. I had a shop due the fronts didn’t want to mess with the spring. From what I read too shocks and struts are the same on FX4’s as regular F150’s.

@13COBRA is what I stated above correct about the FX4 package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe the shocks are different part numbers from a standard F-150. Same shock, however tuned slightly different.

On top of that, you get stickers and a skid plate.

jayk17

Established Member
You can get a new intake or exhaust to improve the exhaust sound of your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread