New: The Rise Of Skywalker Clip

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I think this starts with the opening scene, taking place right after the crawl.

Loads of spoilers...

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Interesting, but I'm a little confused I guess. I thought kylo ren was the child of han solo, not vader.

Yes, but his mother is Leia. Leia is the daughter of Vader.

I just think the reintroduction of the Emperor is dumb. He died at the hands of Luke in ROTJ. Stupid.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LOL! That was Vader. If Maul can survive a fall like that while being cut in half... This was nothing for Sheev to survive.

In the original cannon the emperor in fact was killed and stayed dead in all of the books after ROTJ....Lack of creativity since the Disney buyout is what resurrected the Emperor.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
In the original cannon the emperor in fact was killed and stayed dead in all of the books after ROTJ....Lack of creativity since the Disney buyout is what resurrected the Emperor.

Actually, no. The emperor did survive, even in the original canon, that is now called legends. And that is backed up by Lucas as well.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Actually, no. The emperor did survive, even in the original canon, that is now called legends. And that is backed up by Lucas as well.

he was brought back as a clone in the novels/comics of the old cannon...his force ghost was channeled into a clone body....That's not quite the narrative we are being sold regarding the emperor surviving the fall into the Death Star reactor and its subsequent explosion. He physically did not survive that, he died and became a force ghost.

Lucas got his money and will say anything, hell he is probably legally bound to agree with Disney or keep his fat whore mouth shut at this point. There were decades of these books before the Disney buyout that were held to a strict standard by lucas arts. None of the shit happening in the new movies was even remotely close to what happened in the original cannon. Is it still Star Wars, yeah I guess it is, but in the sense of having sex with a condom on, you are still ****ing, but its just isn't as good.

Last edited:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
This is why the real Star Wars started with ANH and ended at ROTJ. Getting cut in half (Maul) or getting hit with your own force lightning and thrown down a huge pit by Vader (Emperor) doesn't kill you. It just sends you to the medical tent on the sidelines for a few minutes, then they give you your helmet back and you go back in the game. SMH

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This is why the real Star Wars started with ANH and ended at ROTJ. Getting cut in half (Maul) or getting hit with your own force lightning and thrown down a huge pit by Vader (Emperor) doesn't kill you. It just sends you to the medical tent on the sidelines for a few minutes, then they give you your helmet back and you go back in the game. SMH

Pump me full of Toradol, Cortisone and put me back in coach!!!!!

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Pump me full of Toradol, Cortisone and put me back in coach!!!!!

I literally LOL'd

I still enjoyed parts of the prequels as well as the new trilogy. I also really liked Solo and Rogue One. I enjoy watching the Mandalorian too. I was a Star Wars kid, so I can never get enough of it, but there are a lot of things that bother me about anything made after ROTJ.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I literally LOL'd

I still enjoyed parts of the prequels as well as the new trilogy. I also really liked Solo and Rogue One. I enjoy watching the Mandalorian too. I was a Star Wars kid, so I can never get enough of it, but there are a lot of things that bother me about anything made after ROTJ.

I was a Star Wars kid too, born the year ANH came out. The OG trilogy will always be my favorite, however I do like the prequels and even latest installments warts and all. There are definitely things that annoy, but I manage to look past them for the most part. Solo and Rogue one were very good, IMHO better than the new movies. Mandolorian kicks ass!

Users who are viewing this thread