New TB and CAI - Stumbling / Small Backfire - HELP

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
Congrats James. That's awesome. This other forum is working REALLY hard to help me out. They seem tothink my C&L is at fault and that the 70mm Ford unit I bought will help a lot.

The thinking is to drop my FP down to 40psi. They think the CAI was enough to disrupt the airflow over the MAF causing the stumbling. I kinda have to think that would do it, but I will find out tonight when I get it put on.

Congrats again, I hope to have similar news as well!

Ninety3Coupe

die eier von satan
Established Member
I removed the C&L and replaced it with a Ford 70MM unit. Set the FPR to 40psi and the car drives like a dream now. No more stumble. The other forum saved my life!

We are now on to fixing the varnished gas smell. It is still present but not as bad as when the FPR was set to 52psi. Any info would be great!

DO NOT BUY A C&L MAF! That is the moral of the story.

Knexo

Established Member
When you put your headers on, did you have to disconnect any tubes from the original manifolds? Did the gas smell when the aftermarket h pipe was on the car? Stand behind the car and have someone rev it to about 1800-2000 rpm and hold it there for about 30 sec. This will simulate a driving condition. What your looking for is a rotten egg smell. If you notice this, more then likely you have a plugged cat or a bad O2 sensor. See if someone locally can borrow you an O2 to see if the smell is still there after changing them.

Users who are viewing this thread