New stereo stuff

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Just ordered a few new things for my stereo system....

A while ago I installed a set of Kenwood KFC-C6894PS 6x8 speakers in the door panels. They sounded much better than stock but I think they need some more juice to reach their full potential. Tonight's order consisted of....

Boston Acoustics GT-275
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17792_Boston-Acoustics-GT-275.html

Audio Control LC2i
AudioControl LC2i (lc2i) White 2 Channel Line Output Converter (LC2/i)

Scosche wiring kit
e2 E400 by Scosche 6.5mm (8 Gauge) Complete Amplifier Install Kit

I ordered everything through Amazon and came out under $200 shipped along with a few other things. I really wanted the LC2i because I also plan on running a sub in the future as well. The amp is a little under powering according to the specs, but I think it will do a great job and I should get some good sound out of these 6x8's.
Will give a full review of everything once installed. Any input on experience with any of these products, or expected results is always appreciated!

Last edited:

Pred_mech

Established Member
I have an audio control LC2i. I love it, makes wiring the amp so much easier since it uses the speaker inputs to kick out a remote signal from the amp and you can power the LC2I from the power wire going into the amp.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
god bless you guys. a years worth of electrical engineering still leaves a bad taste in my mouth for electronics.

Tispho

Established Member
A while back I did

LC2i
10" rockford fosgate
Some aftermarket Kenwood component speakers

It sounds pretty good. Equipment only cost me about $400 and I installed it myself.

I think you might be able to skip the LC2i and get a PAC audio output. If I were to do it again, I'd do it this way.

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

AOEM-FRD24.jpg

Oh Btw, These damn Ford Mustangs rattle too much when you install heavy subs. Make to include some Dynamat or similar products into your budget.

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
god bless you guys. a years worth of electrical engineering still leaves a bad taste in my mouth for electronics.

??

A while back I did

LC2i
10" rockford fosgate
Some aftermarket Kenwood component speakers

It sounds pretty good. Equipment only cost me about $400 and I installed it myself.

I think you might be able to skip the LC2i and get a PAC audio output. If I were to do it again, I'd do it this way.

Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

AOEM-FRD24.jpg

Oh Btw, These damn Ford Mustangs rattle too much when you install heavy subs. Make to include some Dynamat or similar products into your budget.

Checking out the PAC piece...

Users who are viewing this thread