NEW Stainless Coolant Crossover Tube Plug "(Second Run)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnuce10

Established Member

tnuce10

Established Member
OK guys, I believe I am caught up on emails and PMs. I have not gone through the thread yet though.

I need to get some work done, I wasted enough time today...oops!

Sorry to anyone who got multiple emails or PMs, it got tough to keep everything straight.

tnuce10

Established Member
All raw bolts are in the mail.

I will be shinying up the polished ones tonight for the guys waiting on those.

Thanks everyone!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Thanks for shipping my new plug, I received it today. I went to put it in and it was rough going down and the gap was actually slightly worse than the old one. Like I said it was rough going in and when it bottomed out I did not try to force it in. Bottom line is its not going to sit flush. This plug had a green o-ring vs the orange one the first one had, not sure if that is a way to tell them apart or not. I have the original one installed and im going to see if the car leaks any fluid once I drive it. If it does not leak im just going to leave it and call it good. I appreciate you sending me a new one and trying to make it right. Did you check these once they were made to make sure they fit? Ill ship the one I just received today back to you next week.

TRBO VNM

Thanks for shipping my new plug, I received it today. I went to put it in and it was rough going down and the gap was actually slightly worse than the old one. Like I said it was rough going in and when it bottomed out I did not try to force it in. Bottom line is its not going to sit flush. This plug had a green o-ring vs the orange one the first one had, not sure if that is a way to tell them apart or not. I have the original one installed and im going to see if the car leaks any fluid once I drive it. If it does not leak im just going to leave it and call it good. I appreciate you sending me a new one and trying to make it right. Did you check these once they were made to make sure they fit? Ill ship the one I just received today back to you next week.

Damn, that stinks. How many threads on the new one? Pic of it against factory? I know the ones that sat too high had an extra thread or two and the pipe is not threaded down that far, so they stop on the shoulder inside. It may not leak since the o-ring is doing it's job, but it should be designed to sit flush like factory.

tnuce10, do you or the guy making them have a stock tube to try them out? Seems like it is the same problem as before. I sent you a stock plug to help the guy design it. Sounds like he doesn't understand how it works with the pipe.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I have a pic on my phone but I dont have internet so I cant post it anywhere. This plug looks identical to the original one I received and it has 2 more threads when compared to the stock plug. I believe I counted 5 threads and the stocker has 2-3 if I remember right.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member

mine is the same way

it goes in very tight like the threads are not exactly correct and also this one sticks up further than the old one...

FTMFL...

very nice looking product but I noticed the corrected one only has 3 threads and the new one has about 4.5 threads.

ill take a pic here and post up

here are all 3.

the first one (black o-ring) was the original that sat up some

the second one (orange o-ring) was the first revised one he sent and the one that actually works GREAT (thanks)

the third one (green o-ring) was the second batch of revised ones that fits worse than any of them

right now im just using the good plug in my running car. my other car im doing the engine swap and im almost done so if I have to ill use the first and second ones til we get this last revision one right.

20140614_185233_zpsh0rauvqs.jpg

20140614_185409_zps9mdfjwqe.jpg

a comparison of the first and second revision. forgive the gunk on the first one. ive been having to use it til I got my new one...

20140614_185432_zpsozn3q7eg.jpg

I don't have any stock plugs to show a side my side comparison. wish I did for ya

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Ug. That's disappointing. I received my plug with the green thread but didn't have a chance to install yet. I guess I'll not bother. Can we get a replacement on sending them back? I wonder if I could just smooth down the extra threads and make it fit as long as the base of it is not to deep or long.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Could someone please post up a picture of their stock plug?

The first pic Brian posted shows how many threads the correct one should have, it is the middle plug he posted. Your plug design is fine but you just need to have less threads. I thought that was the whole point on the revised plugs but they are the same as the original. Actually id say they are worse since they do not even thread smoothly :(.

Malcom. If you grind off one of the threads it will seat flush. I cant remember who but someone did this and it sat flush.

Tommy, So what exactly is different on these revised plugs?

tnuce10

Established Member
OK guys....not news you or I wanted to hear but I just spoke to my supplier.

There was a misunderstanding...when I sent them a sample of a stock plug they thought I was asking to have the thread pitch verified. Not to have the whole threaded section replicated.

The tapped plugs are on hold so we can fix this issue.

Sending out incorrect plugs is 100% my fault...I should have checked them first but I didn't. My apologies.

The problem will be fixed and the plugs will be replaced. Please check back soon for an update.

Thanks guys. Sorry again.

tnuce10

Established Member
The first pic Brian posted shows how many threads the correct one should have, it is the middle plug he posted. Your plug design is fine but you just need to have less threads. I thought that was the whole point on the revised plugs but they are the same as the original. Actually id say they are worse since they do not even thread smoothly :(.

Malcom. If you grind off one of the threads it will seat flush. I cant remember who but someone did this and it sat flush.

Tommy, So what exactly is different on these revised plugs?

Please see my post above.

There was a miscommunication when I sent the sample to my friends shop.

And the fact that they were sent out is my fault.

I will get this problem solved ASAP.

tnuce10

Established Member
Thanks guys at least this was caught early on again....

It REALLY sucks to have trouble again. But I am glad that it was noticed early.

I swear...these damn bolts are cursed. It's been constant bad luck.

Can't wait for the day when it's smooth sailing getting these out to you guys.

tnuce10

Established Member
Alright guys,

I received my shipment of plugs yesterday. I have plenty of TAPPED as well as standard plugs.

I will go through my emails and PMs to check, but if I owe you one, please post up also just in case.

If anyone would like to purchase one go right ahead and send payment!

I have a lot going on this weekend (NHRA @ Norwalk Sunday:-D) so I will not be able to send them out this weekend. But I will absolutely get them sent out the first of next week.

Thanks again for everyones patience, I really appreciate it. I think from here on out it should be smooth sailing for all of us.

Hope everyone has a great and safe 4th!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread