NEW Stainless Coolant Crossover Tube Plug "(Second Run)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnuce10

Established Member
that is nice. Did you happen to get the correct thread pitch? I'm thinking of getting a hose fitting that i can screw in for bleeding the cooling system.

We are fine tuning the threads...they were a little too thick on this one. The new one I will be picking up tomorrow will have that corrected.
And if you are talking about a hose fitting in the location of this plug shoot me a PM, my machinist is awesome....we may be able to combine your idea with this plug!

tnuce10,
The car in your sig looks like a smart car :D

It's a smart car on steroids :rockon:

tnuce10

Established Member
I forgot to mention...having these polished will not be a problem. It will cost a few extra bucks, though.

No prices are finalized yet, I plan on having that talk tomorrow, but I am shooting for $40 for raw stainless and $45 for polished. I may have to add the stupid 4% PayPal is going to charge me....is that something that would bother you guys?

tnuce10

Established Member
Alright guys, got my next prototype and it looks a lot better than the first...

photo-25.jpg

photo-26.jpg

This one is again aluminum, but the real deal will be stainless. Going to check the threads after work and if everything is OK there, I will be calling my machinist to give him the go ahead to start on these. Assuming that, they will be ready next Friday or the following Monday.

I also spoke to him about price, and he was a couple dollars more than he had thought he would be able to do them for, but close enough to where I don't think anyone is going to get too upset.

Here is where pricing is:

Raw Stainless : $41.50 shipped
Polished : $46.75 shipped

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I like it. What about us guys or gals that don't due paypal? Can we just send a US Postal money order?

RTCOBRA2964

Established Member
$41.50 shipped? I'm down for one when it's ready. I'll be waiting for your post.

tnuce10

Established Member
I like it. What about us guys or gals that don't due paypal? Can we just send a US Postal money order?

MO's will be perfectly fine with me.

$41.50 shipped? I'm down for one when it's ready. I'll be waiting for your post.

Awesome! They should be ready next Friday or the following Monday...we're only about a week away!

98mark8lsc

Established Member
Man, I really hate seeing someone else use my design....

I was really hoping to get a chance to get these into production again before someone else took it from me, but oh well, I guess that's life.

Here's the ones I made...

IMG_1854.JPG

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^^I understand to a certain extent, but you were never able to get them produced from looking back through your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread